Big Mistake

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I'll do my bit too. I'm no expert but I know a hamburger from a steak.
Got a few cameras and two brothers with old chevies.
6 eyes better than 2
Can check out Vancouver B.C. Canada area also.

Hey I posted some Pics you might get a chuckle.

belair6162

Well Known Member
count me in, I'll cover S.E. Michigan and the thumb area, even northern MI. during
snowmobile season.
I hear more and more bad ebay deals when buying old cars, camera filters ? i dont even know what that is,theifs have gone high tech.

Tom

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Let me know, I'm in upper Michigan. I could venture to Wisconsin as well. Be glad to help!

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Me too

I can do some of New York. Probably from Watertown to Scranton, Pa. North to south and Rochester to Albany, east to west. I can also provide transportation of vehicle, too

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just had a thought.
If there were a network of contacts to check these cars out and the seller was told that a club member local to them would check the car on the buyees behalf, they might get nervous and come clean or discourage the buyer. This could actually act as a 1st stage kinda deterent without moving a muscle. Just watch for flags from the seller that they want to avoid having the car checked.
Just a thought. :D

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Web wise it's pretty easy to do, I build'em all day, Select state + city return e-mail addresses of that areas locals. 30 min to 1 hour tops. Use another page to insert potential checkers information ...simple.
With the prices some of these fools charging and other fools accepting this could become a lucrative business hmmmmmm :-)

nomadci

Supporting Member 2
I'm in...

I'm in Atlanta Ga...can do the Carolinas, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.

Always looking for a good reason to take a cruise.:)

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
bobs409 said:
Maybe we need to put together some type of searchable database for this. :deal (thank to DQ for a great idea!) :cheers

Something like this;

1) Your Name-City-State-Zipcode

2) How far you will travel to do this for free

3) How far you will travel to do this at a cost for time/fuel. (hey, gas ain't cheap!) :D

We would want to clarify that no one can be held responsible for those hidden surprises! Bondo and paint can hide many things!!! :eek: Those that offer to do this will do their best I'm sure. :)

This is a great Idea. I can cover Delaware, North Eastern Maryland, South Jersey and South Eastern PA.

Astro409

Well Known Member
Old School said:
The car went back up for sale on eBay a week later and I watched another victim get stuck by this guy.

I would of sent copies of the pictures to the potetial buyers. Just my 2 cents.:clap I hate when people try to get over like that. Well, i'm also in to help check out cars in the Houston, Texas area and the suburbs. Let me know if its farther than that and chances are that I still can do it,