Bill Burge car

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Speedy recovery

Bill:

Sorry to learn of your surgery. We know you won't be doing your regular sit ups for a while :). Hope you have a speedy recovery, so that you can row the gears on that Corvette on the way to Thompson, Ohio :) :) :).

Cheers!
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Holy Crap Bill.............take care of yourself!!!! You've got a lot of bench racing to do yet!!!!!!!!!!

wburge409@gmail.com

Well Known Member
Rear end frame brackets??

Man, right now I've forgotten what those washes were used for? Doesn't seem to be a reason for them. Don't remember telling the welder to add the washers? I think it's cool that you have the complete rear end.

Getting out of the hospital today. Thanks for all the good wishes.

Wld Bill

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Just surmising here could the washers may be to adjust pinion angle?

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The upper control arms are completley adjustable, I was wondering if when the bracket was bolted in it actually made the mounting servcie 90 degree to the frame? I guess I should mount the bracket and check:rolleyes:

kevin

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brakts. with washers

I had a v/8 vega street car in the 75-78 era with L60's a 4 spd. w/ small ford rear end and 4.11's. After many launches and gear changes, the front lower control arm brkts. would wollow out, and I would change em out. After the second set, I took the car to someone who knew what they were doing , and he replaced the brkts. with hardened washers welded on them, I never had any problems after that. Car ran 13.20's with street tires, 350 horse 327. I never got the chance to put slicks on for fear of walking home. My father R.I.P. had made to many service calls already. Barry

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi Tom, long time no see, Hope all is well. Hope to see you at Thompson this year. Take care, Barry