Cars

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
image-1-jpg.58123
image.jpg

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I worked at that dealership from 1975 to early 1978. The Gledhill family owned it, Chad had Economy in Alhambra(this guy looks like Chad Jr, known to us as Barry)and his brother Fred had Gledhill Chevrolet in Wilmington. Fred Gledhill Chevrolet sponsored Tom Jacobson and his Old Blue '62 and '63 Chevies. One of them is in the NHRA Museum at the Pomona Fairgrounds. One of Chad's sons was named Price, there was a dealership in Monrovia called Price Chevrolet. I worked there in 1978-79. I got along OK with all three of them, but some of the help and managers weren't worth 2 cents.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
One of my co-workers had an early '60's Dodge similar to that that had been a race car and was put back on the street before he got it. One cold night, while out cruising around, his buddy reached over and turned on the heater, and some broken pieces of a transmission drum fell out on the carpet. Somebody scattered the torqueflite, parts bounced around the rear of the motor,bounced off the rear of the hood and entered the cowl where fragments wound up in the heater box.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
One of my co-workers had an early '60's Dodge similar to that that had been a race car and was put back on the street before he got it. One cold night, while out cruising around, his buddy reached over and turned on the heater, and some broken pieces of a transmission drum fell out on the carpet. Somebody scattered the torqueflite, parts bounced around the rear of the motor,bounced off the rear of the hood and entered the cowl where fragments wound up in the heater box.
Boy....you just can't make up stuff like this!!!!!!