Cars

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That's a good answer Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus it makes the ole feller's chest swell up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I like the 58 Edsels. :hide
I have to admit that I liked old Fords as a kid-sedan deliveries, retracto hardtops, Sunliner converts, but one day while working at a gas station, a guy drove in with an original and still fairly decent 58 Edsel Citation convertible. I sold him $5.00 of 42 cent gas, and asked him what he ever was going to do with the car. He said,"I don't know. Do you want to buy it"? l asked how much, and he said,"Give me $400.00 for it. He gave me his number, I called him back, went to the bank, got his money, went to his house and drove it home. My buddies all said, Greg,we knew you were half crazy, this just proved it'. I had it painted a real pretty cinnamon color with a white insert around the rear, the interior was in nice shape, I fixed the push button trans control, and kept it running, but by then,the engine was pretty well worn out,so I parked it in the back room of the station, six months later some customer saw it and bought it for around a thousand bucks. He had it 29 years and sold it to a collector in Pennsylvania where its getting a total restoration. Only 930 of those were built, around 100 or so might have survived. I took the money and bought a '62 Impala and a bunch of parts as well as a couple 409 engine cores. The rest was history.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
10426600_10152516659602457_245557865780900090_n.jpg