Cars

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
These pictures are from 1970 of me building a new engine (327) for my 62 Impala, you will notice in picture #3 the high tech coil bracket (2 coils taped together with masking tape) as I was running a Grant Spaulding Flamethrower distributor LOL. Also in the lower left of picture #3 in-between the core support and the grill support you can see my high tech cool can (2# coffee can and copper tubbing), as always I tried hard to stay abreast of state of the art fabrication, HA

tempImagecvjfr2.jpgtempImagezuNSFz.jpgtempImage5KmHxh.jpgtempImagefTqWHa.jpg

Oh yea I was a little skinnier back then!!!

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Guess you weren't eating on "The Hill" back then :eat
LOL, actually I was, back then I could not gain weight no matter how much I ate. They use to have a festival every summer down there called Hill Days, I think the last year they had it was 1974, it ended due to a huge fireworks accident they all fell over and went horizontal across the ball field into the crowd. I was there with a couple of friends and we still talk about it.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I agree!!, although 66's are nice also. I actually like the big block hood on a 66 better than a 67.
Deb and I bought a 66 Chevelle for another project a couple of weeks ago. It's a true SS, bench seat powerglide with power steering, brakes and air. It doesn't have the original engine, it's a 69 pick up motor. Another cool thing we like is it's Artesian Turquoise, the same as our 65.