Cars

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
B7AE0676-6125-495A-8ADD-99148619C6CD.jpegCBF8E705-74CD-44F1-8E75-C76D1C01062E.jpeg52E45C3F-C2D1-46E4-B289-49EA0E5FA8BE.jpeg might as well have my three favorite pictures of 409 engines……..EC789140-2680-48E6-B421-62375AFE9580.jpeg
The last picture is the one that lit the fire….. super Chevy magazine at a very young age…..And thanks to Dennis I am now the proud owner of the dual quad velocity stacks from Doug Marion’s motor……I can’t confirm that, but I am very sure it is one and the same

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks pal. I owe you a beer or three someday. Wish you were closer I'd help ya get your 63 Impala together
:good

I get a little caught up in the whole late 50's early 60's thing...... I was never there
:D
:D

I feel dumb. Can opener??:dunno
Your old school enough by your nature of loving the cars. Don't worry about not being there. You will be soon enough. Not everything about then was perfect. Most of the time a new engine came out, it was usually much better than before, same as with transmissions, suspension etc. You didn't see any 500 hp plus engines from the factory getting 20+ mpg then. Nor did they handle well on bias ply tires and drum brakes. Try going through some water and trying to stop on wet drums :D But still, a lot of us grew up with these cars, so we are nostalgic for the past because of memories of our youth and the times we had. And it was all we had so we didn't know there was anything better, because for most of us, there wasn't. As for the oil spouts, kinda sucks when the can would crush on the side. And don't forget the bottles of oil at some places either. oil bottle.jpg

Joe R.

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thank you! That is what I'm working on. I posted that by accident. I meant to post the other one initially.