Coming clean about the FH

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Congrats on the score. I remember reading about that trans quite a while back. Not for big power if I remember right. Availibility seemed poor as well? :dunno

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow Dave, you must be a bit Irish. If its better than your 61, its in pretty good shape.

Don

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Dave, I am still waiting or the other shoe to drop. Like something out of the Twilight Zone, you go to pick up the car and all you find is a vacant lot.:roll Leo

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What About The Dream Shop

:? That is a one in a life time find.:bow I just wish it was my one in a life time find. Way back around December I throught you were selling stuff for a new shop. Is that all done so you have proper storage of your new toys.:roll

S

Swiss Impala

Dave,

Welcome to the club of those who have to "work" :D during driving,
I mean those who have to shift manually!! :clap

Attachments

• muncie.jpg
    muncie.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 29

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes I did sell off a whole wack of stuff. I was in a position where I needed cash real fast for the deposit on the house I am buying. It is a rare property here and I didn't want to miss it. I wasn't prepared to find the place...... Maybe in other places it's not rare but here to find a 1/4 acre that has a back lane is really hard. The property is 76 X 150..... most properties here are no larger than 60 X 120 unless you want to step up to an acre or more and I can't afford that at todays prices....... I secured the property and I am moving on May 1st.

I have someone that is going to build the shop for me and he is going to start in the last 1/2 of June. Once I have my shop done I will have covered parking for 7 vehicles, of which only 2 will be in a carport the other 5 will be inside and all locked up. This will put 2 of them in the work area of the shop but that's OK, I'll be working on one of them anyway...... The parts car may not be around for long. It was dark in the garage when I looked at it. It was a package deal and it came with the package so it didn't really matter much what shape it was in........The seller doesn't think it's fixable, if it's not I will strip and keep all the extra parts........ I'm going to wait until I get it home and have a good look before I decide it's fait.

When I made the road trip I went to look at the FH engine, that's all I was really interested in. I have now bought all his stuff and I am really broke now..... broke but very happy !!!!! In the last week I have borrowed inside parking from friends for the two extra cars until my shop is up.

Trust me I really didn't have time to deal with importing two cars right now. When the seller told me about them I passed them off in my mind because I was to busy to deal with them and didn't think they would be anything special....... I was expecting a driver with rust issues and needing a full restoration......... and a huge purchase price............. I have to move and get my '61 ready for the 5000 mile round trip to Thompson........ time is running short !!!

The friend I took with me is more of a car guy than I am and when he just about fell down the stairs I knew I was going to be a lot busier......... :D

Dave

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, I am still waiting or the other shoe to drop. Like something out of the Twilight Zone, you go to pick up the car and all you find is a vacant lot. Leo

Anything is possible Leo....... but I have talked to the seller several times since I was there and the phone still works.......... less than a week and I'll have everything in my posession so the Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise everything will be on it's way home.

Dave

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow Dave, you must be a bit Irish. If its better than your 61, its in pretty good shape.
Don

Don, in the time we spent looking at the car I honestly think it is......... If not better it is at least an equal !! ............ OH, and my great great grand parents did come here from Ireland. :cheers:cheers

Dave

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
GREAT find Dave!! Happy that you got it!!!! It's the "hunt" that intrigues me!!!! And YES..............sometimes it is better than sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno:dunno:cool::cool::bow:bow:clap:clap:clap

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
[QUOTE=Phil Reed; And YES..............sometimes it is better than sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Really Phil! I think you are spending too much time in the garage or you have stopped taking your meds!!

:dunno:dunno.....................:roll:roll:roll

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil Reed; And YES..............sometimes it is better than sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: [QUOTE=[U said:
w ogden[/U]] Really Phil! I think you are spending too much time in the garage or you have stopped taking your meds!!

We've all had lots of sex (I hope) and we all know how great it is........... but until you have personally found the X on the treasure map, how can you know which is better ???:dunno:dunno

Having found the treasure I will agree with Phil on this one :cool::cool: but just to be sure I'm not making a mistake I'll try the sex again right away....... :roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

Dave

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sure hope your wifes don't read these

:cool: I sure do understeand the sentiment :cheers but I think your wifes might say you were not doing it right :roll:roll:roll

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
... I talked to a gear guy yesterday and he told me about the new McLeod M800 5 speed transmission that's coming...... it's no bigger than a Muncie 4 speed......... He thinks it's going to be the answer......... anyone heard anything about them ????

Very limited information seems to known about them beyond the marketing claims that were made at SEMA. Sounds like the release date keeps getting pushed back on it, too.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
quote on sex

GREAT find Dave!! Happy that you got it!!!! It's the "hunt" that intrigues me!!!! And YES..............sometimes it is better than sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno:dunno:cool::cool::bow:bow:clap:clap:clap

To quote Brother Dave Gardner from the 1960s on sex "the worst I ever had was wonderful".

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I know I've had my share of "both" but.........................the afternoon of July 29, 1982 that I found my black 63 Impala in a broken down wooden, single car garage with my license registration from 1966 in my trembling hands.......and finding that EVERY number on the VIN tag matched my Kansas registration..................Well.........shouldn't really go into the details here!!!! But that has to be one of the top 10 events that I have ever experienced!!!!:bow:bow:bow:bow

The second experience was 4 nights later after I convinced the current owner to sell me the car. The synchros were out of 2nd, out of 3rd and out of 4th!!! Didn't care!!! I rolled down all 4 windows and my oldest daughter and I "hard topped" it the 60 miles all the way back to KC!!!!!!!!!:bow:bow:bow:bow One of the best drives of my life!!

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, That is just to much.......WOW
Hey, I got an idea, sense you just got this one, you should keep it.... and I'll take the red one!:roll:roll
I wouldn't wont to deprive you of a new found treasure.:D

:cheers

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ready to Roll

Well Guys, it's 5:03 AM here on the west coast. The trailer was hooked to the Suburban last night, she's full of gas, straps & tools loaded, shrink wrap for the FH loaded, lights & brakes checked, and she's good to go.......... and the camera is in the Suburban so I'll have pictures up tomorrow I hope.......... I'm meeting my buddy Don with the other truck & trailer at 6:00 AM about 1/2 a mile from the US border. The border line ups were crazy yesterday being the Easter weekend but hopefully they are back to normal today and being this early we should beat the rush.
It's about a four hour drive each way and we'll stop for breakfast on the way down & probably dinner on the way back........ couple of hours to load the cars and all the parts ......... we do have a ferry to deal with each way as well so that's a bit of a wild card. It does run every 1/2 hour so as long as there aren't huge line ups because of Easter it shouldn't be to bad..... I hope???
So it's the start of a long day........ but a great day for sure !!!

S

Swiss Impala

:clapDave, Good luck!:clap I wished I would be a member of "Mission Im(pala)possible"!!

Franz