Coming clean about the FH

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Magic Bean Stalk

:D Dave could you take some parts back abd plant them in that magic spot you found these treasures and if they grow I will come up buy them:roll Youare so lucky. I would have been happy to have found the donar car.:beerbang

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Dave

Great to see you get everything

keep the pictures coming

neat to see a hondrus maroon car:cool::cool::cool:

that is what mine is

good find:bow:bow

roger

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Yahoo!

Dave:

I know just how excited you must be!

That is just one rare package of cars and parts, glad to see that they went to an enthusiast and a member in good stead :).

Let's see, Thompson is about 60 days away.... Plenty of time to get that baby together :). Can't think of a better way to break in a new engine and clutch than to take her on a long trek :).

Cheers to you for sharing pics from the "Find"!

TomK

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom, there is no way the "new Bubbletop" will make it to Thompson....... but the "old one" is still in the plans....... I'm not even going to be able to sort out all the parts I brought home until I get back from Thompson....... I have to move at the end of the month and have a shop to get built.

I consider myself very lucky to have aquired all this ........ as Cecil said I should have ran down to the lottery booth and bought a ticket !!! I was just at the right place at the right time .......... and I believe being honest had something to do with it. When I tried an offer for just the FH, the seller said he could part it out for more than my offer......... I told him the engine was to rare and to please not part it out........ and I admitted it was worth more than my offer. We talked many times on the phone before I made the trip to look at the stuff....... and I was still only interested in the engine

He knew I appreciated all of his stuff and he also knew I wasn't a rich man...... He told me that he has some health issues and didn't have time to do the car..... his kids are not at all interested ........... he wanted everything to go to someone who would do the car and look after it......... he had local people wanting to buy the stuff...... he had 4 phone calls after we left his place from people who wanted to buy it...... he even knew where we stopped for lunch !!!

He obviously liked my attitude I guess....... because he picked me and a price he knew I could handle........ he told me he wanted me to have everything........ Before we left he even thanked me for buying it and said he was glad I now owned it......... He even gave us compliments on how we loaded everything..... He stood and watched as I shrink wrapped the FH and secured it to the 4 corners of the pick up box....... his remark was "it's good to see someone do things properly".......

He is a SUPER NICE GUY !!!!!! ........... and I am a SUPER LUCKY GUY.

Dave

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Pic's for Cecil

Here are the pictures of the balancer on the FH and the dates/codes. I think the valve covers are the right ones as well..... you can see the spot welds on the inside where the wire holders used to be.

Block - 3755011 - K2360 - T0105FH
Heads - 3781147 L2260 & L2860
Intake - 3749948 - L2060
Water Pump - 3755797 - L260
Distributer - 1110919..... can't make out the date on the tag

Dave

Attachments

• 335152259.jpg
    335152259.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 335152260.jpg
    335152260.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 46
  • 335152266.jpg
    335152266.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 62

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave- Just went out to the garage to take pics off the valve covers for you...couldn't find them and remembered that I took them over to Ronnie's Saturday... I will see if I can get Ronnie to take few for you.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Here are the pictures of the balancer on the FH and the dates/codes. I think the valve covers are the right ones as well..... you can see the spot welds on the inside where the wire holders used to be.

Block - 3755011 - K2360 - T0105FH
Heads - 3781147 L2260 & L2860
Intake - 3749948 - L2060
Water Pump - 3755797 - L260
Distributer - 1110919..... can't make out the date on the tag

Dave

Thanks for the pics, Dave.
I was afraid of that. This is yet another version of the SHP balancer, with the rear step design of the 59-60 but the hub face design of a 63 340 hp.:scratch
Now I need to ask Tommy which balancer he has on his 61 409.:dunno

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the pics, Dave.
I was afraid of that. This is yet another version of the SHP balancer, with the rear step design of the 59-60 but the hub face design of a 63 340 hp.:scratch
Now I need to ask Tommy which balancer he has on his 61 409.:dunno

I believe I talked with Tommy about this when I was looking for a FH balancer and I believe the one on his 61' 409 is different yet...:scratch

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
What a great find and a great seller. Sometimes it's just not about getting every last penny for stuff. You want it to go to a good home. Good for you.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
fun pictures

My sister in law....... (a real car girl).... says the Easter Bunny was involved !!

Best I could do to get two pictures the same...... leaves on the trees wouldn't co-operate.

Dave

Attachments

• first '61.jpg
    first '61.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Impala two2.jpg
    Impala two2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 49

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Honduras Maroon is a great looking color. That's what I painted my 58 Del Ray back in 1961.:cheers

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've decided I can't keep everything...........I am completely out of room and I can only drive so many cars........ it's been tough to decide but the Roman Red '61 Bubbletop is going up for sale.

See the for sale section for some information.

Dave