Crazy other critters thread.

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
5cbcce93c6c80df644d7c14c22e71cb50b0d35c8304a0f1befd5a278e35bc2b7.jpg

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Never had one. I still have some 8 tracks if you want to buy them. :p

I still have a couple of 8 track players laying around and I'm sure they haven't lost their appetite for eating tapes either. And if you should ever want to break out your 4 track player I have a 4 track tape of the 4 Seasons you might like to hear and I have one other 4 track but I don't remember what that one is.:D

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I still have a couple of 8 track players laying around and I'm sure they haven't lost their appetite for eating tapes either. And if you should ever want to break out your 4 track player I have a 4 track tape of the 4 Seasons you might like to hear and I have one other 4 track but I don't remember what that one is.:D

Mark

The last 4 track I had was in the mid 70's. Little hand carried one. Worked great for what it was at the time.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Speaking of mp3's, one of my favorite ways of getting free music is from youtube. Search for the song and when you find a good quality one, copy the URL, then go to this site: https://ytmp3.cc/ and it will convert it to an mp3.

The only thing stopping you is your own laziness! :p

For some reason it will not let me securely connect to that site. I am always looking for new music. However I like to have copies of my own so I can download from them anytime I want.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Speaking of mp3's, one of my favorite ways of getting free music is from youtube. Search for the song and when you find a good quality one, copy the URL, then go to this site: https://ytmp3.cc/ and it will convert it to an mp3.

The only thing stopping you is your own laziness! :p

You better not let this get around Bob whatever bands music that you're downloading might show up on you front porch looking for the rent on the music you've been downloading.:D

Mark

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I remember back in the 70's, the 8 Track player in my 64, ate my wife's Favorite Tape.:doh OMG. The Best of Tom Jones.:drop I told her don't worry, I'll fix it.:clapAfter unravelling all the tape, I started rewinding it on another reel, on my Reel to Reel Tape player. This helped to flatten the tape, and get rid of some of the wrinkles. After I had all the tape spooled up, I started rewinding it back on the 8 Track reel. Everything went fine. When I got to the end, I put on a new Sponge, and spliced the tape back together, with a New Aluminum channel changer.:appl I handed the tape back to her and for a moment, I was a Genius.:good:winner Yes, I was.:appl The next day, we went shopping, and she put Tom in the tape Player, and he started singing Xtpochem, qpleunt, jblqyw, spcvlsc, dsqkmpe, rsepoez, clvebkloxw. :wtfShe couldn't believe what she was hearing.:doh:laugh:laugh2 After I was called a few choice words, she started laughing.:teehee It appears, I was more interested, in what was on TV, than what I was doing. I put the tape in upside down. A couple days later, I fixed it.:roll:laugh4

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Back when I was just an young un I bought a Three Dog Night 8 track tape at the local store and my Brother-in-law came down one evening in his old bug eye Triumph sporty type car and it just happened to have a 8 track player on board so we took my brand new investment out and stuck it in the player and it promptly ate my brand new purchase in typical 8 track player fashion so I took it back to the store and said hey man your tape broke on me so they gave me a new one.:D

I remember many a time driving down the road in my 65 Chevelle with a cold one between my legs (that's a beer wise guys) and trying to stick a match book underneath the 8 track tape to make it track right, it was a fact of life back then.

Many years ago before I moved on to my Couch Potato status I was getting some exercise in on my stepper (this thing could kill ya) I popped a 8 track in my J.C. Penny stereo and as I was sweating my butt off to the oldies I noticed the music was starting to sound a little funky and then I started to smell burning rubber so I ejected the tape to find the rubber drive wheel turned to goo so then I stuck another tape in there and it did the same thing so after that I sweated to the oldies without the music.:D

Mark