Differential codes

chevy_belair63

Well Known Member
MK well your not serving no purpose on your post so why dont you just stop posting insulting and immature post in here im sure when bobs409 sees this he wont be too happy considering your starting things up again, hell he might even take part on that ban he was talking bout while back to the next one that trys to start a childish e-fight but all i have to say is grow up supposedly your 63 years old but your acting like a immature childish 12 year old on yahoo

M

MK IISS

Mr. '63 BelAir COPO:

1961 Block # 3789935

This is what you claim A. Colvin said: "This block was a possible carry over block for 1963 early production. This is what A. Colvin really said: "This block was a possible carryover block for 1962 early production.".......1962 EARLY PRODUCTION...not 1963

Another example of your fudgin' to meet your planned agenda... which is to prove your 1963 has a special 1961 Corvette block/engine. In the past this has been part of your claimed COPO deal along with some kind of special rear end.

chevy_belair63

Well Known Member
So apparently your to stupid to know what a typo is then also huh, so first you come in here trying to start a childish e fight and now your complaining about a simple typo. wow i hit 3 instead of 2 by mistake too bad 2 is next to 3 on the key pad and the number line at the top of the center of the keyboard.

chevy_belair63

Well Known Member
Oh i knew exactly what i was doing so thats why i took and had 62 listed every other time than that one typo, are you too slow to noticed that

M

MK IISS

Mr. 1963 BelAir COPO: AHhhh. I see you went back and changed your so-called "typo" (1963 to 1962) to try and cover up your fudgin'.

You just got caught....that's all. I'm done with you.

chevy_belair63

Well Known Member
Oh cover up a typo wow i went back and corrected an typing error why dont you just stop this childish crap its like your the wife of a marraige always bitching about crap. and thank god you finaly grew up and stopped your childish internet fight. i guess its the fact that the adminstrator said that a ban is effective for the next one starting something and so far you started something he already got a private message with a copy of what you said the first time cause i was asking him whats going on is the site getting worse or going to hell.

Oh and i guess i should appoligize that im not god like, like you think you are cause you supposedly dont make typing errors as in saying 63 instead of 62 but atleast i have the balls to admit it as a typo and go back and correct it but you are just finding a reasion to prove me wrong and yourself right, guess the fact that your 63 years old and im 20 and so far havent been proven wrong yet with physical evidence that its just eatting you up.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
"kinda hard when the date code wasnt put on the back of the block till after 64, they were all on the front in 1960 - 1964"

Richard...the block has a date code cast into it at the foundry..it will tell you when the block was made...it has nothing to do with the stamp on the front pad...I think I must be missing something here...

chevy_belair63

Well Known Member
well 4 theres no other raised up casting marks other than the GM and the casting serial number, but there are a stamped numeral or letter on the rear which appears to be either a 1, a 7 or a lower case L, and the stamping on the front mill pad which is where the plant location, cast month, date, suffix code, was stamped at. I looked around the freeze plugs didnt see nothing, only markings on the block i can see are the ones i listed

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The numbers on the pad represents the engine assembly date and HP/trans application. The number cast on the back is the date the engine was cast. It should be near the center of the bellhousing mounting flange just about below the distributor. It should be a letter and two or three numerals. They are sometimes hard to read due to poor casting and grease buildup. You should get a mirror or push a wad of modeling clay on it to get the impression of the numbers. I assure you they did cast dates on all blocks. Where Did you got the idea that the date wasn't put on the back of the block until 64?

gearhead409

Well Known Member
Alan Colvin's books are good and have alot of good information in them but they are not perfect. who could write that much info without some mistakes? the 3789935 283 block was cast in 63. it's in the 64 GM parts book and i have one sitting on the shop floor with a casting date of nov.2 62.

chevy_belair63

Well Known Member
Novermber 2nd 1962? well kinda hard for this to be cast in november when its 02 for month and 0I for the day, and in chevy by the numbers it says that the casting date was on front of block not on back till 1964, and i posted links to 2 or 3 websites that says the serial number is for a late 1961 corvette block

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
chevy belaire63, This web-site is enjoyed by many for many different reasons. You have asked questions in the past and as far as I know, you have never been satisfied with the answers you recieve here. I visited a web-site a few weeks ago ----www.fordtruck.com---- They have thousands of members, instant responses. Forget about Chevys. You dont know anything about them anyway. Visit the fordtruck web-site and you will have plenty of people to irritate. Noone cares about your block or your differential. And please delete the location from your profile. I personally am embarassed that it states you are from Texas.

chevy_belair63

Well Known Member
ronnie why dont you grow up cause as far as im concerned i have as much right to be in this message board or anyother as you do. i didnt start ****, i ask a question and im just disagreeing with some statements like this being a november block which is farther fromt he truth. Not only that but the orignal point of the question was differential codes and not matching up but yet like always otheres change the subject into something that will start a argument to try and pin it on me for starting it

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Personally I think he has a great deal of entertainment value. If I were him and had a Corvette Engine I would join the NCRS,:scratch everyone that belongs to that group believes their car is a one of a kind. The biggest question is when he goes away for those long period of time where do you think he goes? :scratch