East Coast 348-409 Reunion at Mason-Dixon

alloy409

Well Known Member
Date has been set for 348-409 Reunion at Mason-Dixon Dragway Saturday, June 27, 2015. Just a heads up so you can mark your calendars. Rain date will be Sunday, June 28th. Regarding racing, this will be a 1/8th mile dragstrip. This event will be for all nostalgia race cars, special interest and display. We did this last year and it was a big hit and hoping to make it even bigger this year. I've talked with Dick MacKenzie and we agreed to use the same racing format that was used at Thompson, OH and Great Bend, KS. A flyer will be posted with more details after the holidays.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Giny & I are in . We would like to see 1/4 mile racing for once ! I ran 1/8 mile at Islip here on Long Island and really didn't like it.:ears
:crazy:cheers

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Al or Dick,
What is the deal on this event? It appears to be a nostalgic event for all makes that we are piggy backing off, is this correct? I'm asking about it from a show car standpoint. What do you know, how many show cars were present last year? Do they have an area set aside for the show cars?

alloy409

Well Known Member
Hi Tommy. Yes, it's a nostalgia event for all makes of cars that we are piggy backing off of. Last year they had well over 200 show cars overall. We also had an assigned area for 348-409 cars. For example, Ron had his Hayden Profitt car on display but didn't race. There were seven other 348-409 cars that raced and displayed. If you choose to come, it will be your choice to display with the 348-409 cars or participate in the car show. The flyer will outline the classes.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It's a nice track,with really nice people there.I've raced there,and had good friends that were regulars there in the 90's.I think I'll come up and watch.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Hi Tommy. Yes, it's a nostalgia event for all makes of cars that we are piggy backing off of. Last year they had well over 200 show cars overall. We also had an assigned area for 348-409 cars. For example, Ron had his Hayden Profitt car on display but didn't race. There were seven other 348-409 cars that raced and displayed. If you choose to come, it will be your choice to display with the 348-409 cars or participate in the car show. The flyer will outline the classes.

Al,
Thanks, I do plan to come

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Al, I'm in for the show. Probably bring Skip as well
.I also have another friend that's a Mopar guy,I'm sure he bring his 65' Belvedere for the general all make car
show,I'll also talk around to the other car guys in the Bel Air Maryland area

alloy409

Well Known Member
Thanks John. We're off to a good start. We now have 12 committed racers and various display and show cars.