Hei Distributor on a 348 motor

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jaime, remove your air cleaner and take a picture of what you have now for things hooked up to your carb, then we can see what you have and suggest what you need to get the pcv working.

1. I assume you have a stock road draft tube now at the back of the intake?
2. You can buy the complete kit to convert the road draft tube to a pcv, Show Cars site has this, just look for the parts for a 1963 327 or 409, they all fit.
3. Paul may also have some real nice stock stuff for the pcv changeover, he has really nice parts and will supply the right parts.
4. Once you have your pcv system working, you can deal with any possible engine issues.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Is this what I should have stock back there in the road draft tube...I found this on Ebay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190127-083914_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190127-083914_Samsung Internet.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes,that represents the non pcv equipped cars and trucks.They also sell a conversion to a pcv system as well.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sorry for the late post had to take the family out but here what I got for pictures

Attachments

• 20190127_195942.jpg
    20190127_195942.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190127_195957.jpg
    20190127_195957.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 33

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The front of carb I got the passengers port going to distributor and the left is going to tranny as you could see the pcv port is plugged the back it goes to the brake booster and the one on intake its plugged

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is my Edelbrock carb with the distributor connection, same connections that your carb has.
this one has the PCV to the back of the rear carb, and Power brake can go to the back of the carb also with a brass T and the
right connectors
DSCN8897.JPGDSCN8898.JPG
Paul

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Paul this what I was talking about have you ever used something like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190128-120042_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-120042_Samsung Internet.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 137

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like it breathes out the side as well as out the base like a stock one. The newer units had a closed top cover, and a nipple off the oil fill tube which went to the breather base, here's one on a 63 vette. The rear area was that PCV conversion setup and the 327 and the 409 would work the same.
screenshot_20190128-120042_samsung-internet-jpg.68094

Sep 07 084.jpg

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
That option won’t work for everything he has. He also has an existing power brake hose connection to hooked to the back of his carb now. His distributor vacuum advance is currently connected to the front of his carb.
Paul

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone have another question...ok my car didn't have power steering I had to buy that special bracket in order tu o put the unit on my block..now I want to put headers is there a way to do that and what kind of headers do you guys recommend...I was looking at the short heads please let me know thank

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If it has the stock firing order cam,and is a 348,I'd suggest the 1 3/4 tube tri-y's from Show Cars.If it has a hyd.roller cam with the 4-7 swap,you'll need to get with Mark Wilson for his 1 7/8 tube "standard" style header.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey don I'm not sure on the cam I believe it's a stock 348 but how would I be able to tell it it has up grade cam .but thank you

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone have another question..for my 348 engine have you guys ever changed out your power glide transmission for a 350 turbo tranny and do you have to get the drive line change out ...what do I have to modify to do this or could it just slap it end.. please let me know thanks

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It should just bolt in,drive shaft included.You'll have to change the "kick down' linkage though.

Last edited: