How many 60 Sedan deliveries

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anyone got any idea how many 60 chev sedan delivery wagons were produced. Seen a couple advertised claiming only 1300.???:dunno

Ray

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,,if you are talking el camino's 59 there was just over 22,000 and 60
was just over 14,000 i was told. mike

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mike, No I'm talking about the 2dr station wagons with metal instead of rear side windows.

Thanks
RAY

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
How many 60 Sedan deliverirs

Ray,
Since 1960 was the last year for the Sedan delivery. The numbers of the deliveries should have been somewhat on the small side.

I saw in print somewhere the number was near 1500 units.

Can't remember were I saw that number now.

Plus the El Camino production of near 35,000 units should have cut into the deliveries orders.

Dave

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Thanks, makes sense , just seems odd that I've seen 5 in the last year. I havent seen any 58 sedan deliveries but about 2 and they were in magazines and the US Forrest service supposedly had a bunch of those.

Thanks again , if you happen to remember where youseen that number please let me know.

Ray

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,per-wikipedia encyclopedia 22,246 59's and 14,163 60's for a total of 36,409 1st gen el camino's made. mike

bobs409

Administrator
Mike & Mike: :D

How accurate do think these numbers are? I can add these to the fact pages if we think they are somewhat truthful. :dunno

Bob

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Mike & Mike: :D

How accurate do think these numbers are? I can add these to the fact pages if we think they are somewhat truthful. :dunno

Bob

Bob.............if you are in to corrections.............drop that lie that says there are only 7 Z-11's known to exist. I personally know of 11 and I know there are more than that. That statement of 7 has always bugged me 'cause it's just not true.

Off my soap box now...............

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,these numbers match the ones on the el camino web site and i was told about the samething by a man on chevy talk. mike

bobs409

Administrator
Bob.............if you are in to corrections.............drop that lie that says there are only 7 Z-11's known to exist. I personally know of 11 and I know there are more than that. That statement of 7 has always bugged me 'cause it's just not true.

Off my soap box now...............

Phil, this is the first time anyone questioned that to me personally. I only listed information that I gathered from various sources. Since I know you are a reputable source, I will remove the "7" and stop lying to everyone. :D

If anyone knows of any other inaccurate facts on this site, just let me know and I can make the corrections.

Bob

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks Mike. I will add these numbers to the fact pages then. :deal

Bob

P.S. please pass on any other numbers you might have.

hi,,,these numbers match the ones on the el camino web site and i was told about the samething by a man on chevy talk. mike

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If anyone knows of any other inaccurate facts on this site, just let me know and I can make the corrections.

Bob

Bob, Here is a post from Gary in New York about the oil pump shaft.

Oil pump shaft Part #IS-55A is the one you need!

Over the course of the years doing these units I've seen many with the BB shafts (IS-77) installed, but they are too long and will (may) not let the distributor rest in the correct position!

There is a .240" length difference between the two, with the 2nd design 348's and the '09's being slightly shorter.

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

I noticed in the parts interchange menue it states that the oil pump shaft is interchangable with BBC.

http://www.348-409.com/348409interchange.html

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil, this is the first time anyone questioned that to me personally. I only listed information that I gathered from various sources. Since I know you are a reputable source, I will remove the "7" and stop lying to everyone. :D

Bob

Bob....my statement wasn't directed at you!! I know that you had gotten it from another source.

One of my major pet-peeves is all these "numbers" thrown around that you can't document. About a year ago, there was a 62 409 on eBay that the seller said was one of 5 that was built exactly like the one he was selling. I sent him an email asking for documentation. He didn't have any....it was what the owner of the car that he bought it from had told him. duh????????? When I mentioned that Chevrolet didn't keep track of records on how many cars were built with a certain exterior paint compared to the interior color...........he quit answering my questions. Then there was the 62 that was the ONLY ONE DOCUMENTED as being built with a Muncie 4-speed transmission and racing steel tube headers!!!

409 rims.............that's a fable that has been out there for years!! Once an unthruth gets published............it is very difficult to get everything corrected. We all look at 409 articles for incorrect info but getting it corrected is almost impossible.

You do a great job Bob!! I wasn't on "your" case!!

bobs409

Administrator
That's ok Phil, I didn't take anything personally. I'm happy to have the corrections! :)

Tripower: I will remove the oil pump shaft from the list. Thanks! :)

Bob