In a barn up the road

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Thank you for this picture Russ!!!! I Don't believe I've brought this up. One of the coolest things I've ever seen!!!!
Notice the garage doors........they are glass!!!!! Never had seen that before Candy and I stopped by for a visit!! Impressed me!!!
Impressed by the garage doors!!! You are too easy

RCampbell

Well Known Member
So what's all the story on the Biscayne?
You know....all the juice stuff
Like the engine specs
Gear / Trans
E.T. / Mph
Good days / Bad days :D
I can't recall much about the car. I thought it was fast...but it wasn't. Started as a bone stock...home built 409...I bought for $150. TCI powerglide...8" converter...4.88s. Probably ran 12.90s...maybe 108. Later motor was a .060 over...aluminum rod...with home worked heads. I think that motor got us into the 11s. Car was full bodied with a complete interior...no roll bar

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Russ, that would have been one of the old Saint Louis International races that Len Greco used to put on. Here's the ex-Mike Martin '61 Impala from California that was purchased by someone in the southern Illinois area. Haven't seen it around in a very long time though.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Russ, that would have been one of the old Saint Louis International races that Len Greco used to put on. Here's the ex-Mike Martin '61 Impala from California that was purchased by someone in the southern Illinois area. Haven't seen it around in a very long time though.
I remember the race The 61 did come from Mike Martin to Donnie Shaffer. Had an early Joe Sherman motor. I believe this was the only time Donnie raced the car. He collapsed a piston dome. He sold the car shortly after. James...I believe you have the pistons. The car in the other lane is ..Rick Johnson's Pontiac. Rick still has the car

RCampbell

Well Known Member
The first belair began as a small steel piece with a Day Automotive 453. Car evolved to be fiberglass equipped...with mini tubs. The motor was later updated by Ruble racing. The car ended up at about 3600# and ran 10.20s. At the end the car wasn't as safe as it needed to be. We bent the frame...bent the drive shaft. The car was retired and we built the second red belair to be safe and fast That car went through an evolution...ran pro nostalgia. It finially ran 9.16 with a stock block W...8.70s with a 430 inch BBC Dick Mackenzie has that car with and early motor

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The first belair began as a small steel piece with a Day Automotive 453. Car evolved to be fiberglass equipped...with mini tubs. The motor was later updated by Ruble racing. The car ended up at about 3600# and ran 10.20s. At the end the car wasn't as safe as it needed to be. We bent the frame...bent the drive shaft. The car was retired and we built the second red belair to be safe and fast That car went through an evolution...ran pro nostalgia. It finially ran 9.16 with a stock block W...8.70s with a 430 inch BBC Dick Mackenzie has that car with and early motor

Gosh Dickie Mac let us know when you come down to US 13 and turn those 8’s. Betcha Charlie will have the railbirds throwing big money that day and I would like to be there!
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dick got our first P/N motor....ran high 9s. The 8 second motor is still at my house
Oops thank for clearing that up Rus as I would have lost big with the railbirds I would be giving good odds that MacKenzie would turn 8’s but instead he turns low 9’s!
Robert

Last edited: