Jeg's California Fine

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
I'm glad I live in Michigan. No inspection or smog check needed. I can put whatever program in my truck I need to maximize performance to the need of the day. If I need fuel mileage I program it in. If I need towing power I program it in and cut out the AFM system.

bobs409

Administrator
Making up for all the money that is exiting that shithole state! There is NO WAY I would put up with their crazy laws! It's amazing all the enviromentalist liberal assholes out there haven't rounded up all the old cars and confiscated them to be destroyed! I bet if they could get away with that, they would!

chuckl

Well Known Member
It states Jeg's was fined so heavily as an example to other companies. Why does the Gov't ALWAYS attack private citizens and companys so hard in order to set examples but use kids glives and fluffy pillows when going after politicians and upper govt officials?
FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!!!!!! This judgment did not say JEGS equipment was violating any standards of efficiency for pollution of the atmosphere; it said that JEGS did not get approval before putting the equipment on the market. Does anyone know if the new JEGS "approved" equipment is the same as the old "unapproved" ones, now that they have been blessed/anointed by CARB?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
CARB, you can not change anything on a newer then 1975 vehicle unless it has a CARB approval sticker which the manufactuer has to jump thru hoops, expensive testing, to obtain that approval. Example installing an open element air cleaner on a 1976 Chevy Camaro makes it in violation of CARB laws unless the manufactuer went thru the testing process that proves to CARB that it meets their strict compliance rules. It fails the smog test program on visual test alone. I can only guess that JEGS failed to post that warning label on items and Summit turned them in. The warning label is the one that states "Illegal for sale/use in Calif on smog controlled vehicles". Jegs has no idea what I'm going to install it on, they just have to post the warning.

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
Stop buying aftermarket parts from California and when that tax base starts to leave with all the other businesses, California can wonder why and figure out some other business to tax or sue.

In all honesty people in other states need to start taking action now or California will force their agenda on the rest of the country.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not buying parts in Ca. only goes so far. I purchased an adjustable advance for my distributor last year from Summit in Nevada. I had to fill out forms to say what it was going on etc. Took almost 3 weeks to get it. There are lots of CARB parts easily gotten here, and if you have an older vehicle you can do lots of things. However like Mike mentioned, once you go above 75 you going to have to play a different game, but even that is playable, although no one should have to play that game. As for California forcing their agenda? Sorry, that is already going on in so many places already. And more importantly, if you live in an area that already has not changed, it will. There are so many states now just like California in so many ways. We don't have anything on NY, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Connecticut, etc. We just get more press is all. With that said, I agree with most of the criticism of Ca, and have moved to Colorado once already, and think about moving again, but where am I going to go? Liberalism is everywhere. :dunno

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We once were Conservative, remember your true love Ronald Reagan. It's all the fags from other states, like NY, NJ, PA etc that have moved over here that fxcked things up for us. Native Californians wish you all would go back to where you came from

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
Here in Michigan I can pull the LS 5.3 liter out of my 2013 Silverado, drop a blown 572 BBC in with open headers, 250 HP shot of nitrous, running 105 leaded race gas and take her down the road fully registered.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
CARB, you can not change anything on a newer then 1975 vehicle unless it has a CARB approval sticker which the manufactuer has to jump thru hoops, expensive testing, to obtain that approval. Example installing an open element air cleaner on a 1976 Chevy Camaro makes it in violation of CARB laws unless the manufactuer went thru the testing process that proves to CARB that it meets their strict compliance rules. It fails the smog test program on visual test alone. I can only guess that JEGS failed to post that warning label on items and Summit turned them in. The warning label is the one that states "Illegal for sale/use in Calif on smog controlled vehicles". Jegs has no idea what I'm going to install it on, they just have to post the warning.

Expensive oversight on Jegs part.:facepalm
I have sent them lost of money over the years and will keep doing it. :good

I also like to root for Jeg in the pro stock races. He seems like a nice guy. :good :dunno2

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here in Michigan I can pull the LS 5.3 liter out of my 2013 Silverado, drop a blown 572 BBC in with open headers, 250 HP shot of nitrous, running 105 leaded race gas and take her down the road fully registered.
I wish it was that way in California. I don't miss all the smog over LA and lots of other major cities though. Nor did people like the smog in winter that would lay through the valley up against the Rockies around Colorado Springs. That's why the fuel was changed in the winter. We would drive up to Woodland Park above Manitou and Cascade to get what we called REAL gas for our bikes and cars. However, like most good ideas, they have been taken WAY too far.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fags? What about San Francisco? :mock:laugh4

Yes, Frisco is over flowing with fxcking freaks, they mostly came from back east and Midwest. Actuaslly it was their parents that moved here now the offspring are totally fxcked up. Too many doobies and LSD for the parents.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

You definitely don't want to leave your area. Actually I can do the same, until I get caught and they won't register the car/truck.