Last seven weeks.......

bobs409

Administrator
cat-driving-a-car-and-yelling.JPG

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Holy smokes Phil! just read the whole thing. My thought are with you bud. Keep the faith.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I think how soon you get in is determined by how severe they think your illness is. I was really impressed by how thorough they are. The Doc's around here said my Dad's heart was giving out and there was nothing they could do. Mayo determined it was his thyroid. The gave him radioactive iodine to kill the thyroid and then medication to regulate it.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I wrote in my description about hanging out with a bunch of drag racers and thieves!!!!!! Hoping to get some sympathy!!!!!!!! We'll see if that works!!!!!!!
That's amazing about your dad Dave!!!! Glad he's doing well!!!!!!
Sit back and wait!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Could be a mistake using these guys for a reference.....

Dad had the thyroid problems in the 70's. He checked out in August 1993 from a aneurysm of the aorta. His second aneurysm. Smoking trashed his circulatory system. Quit smoking too late. At least he was in good shape to see me inducted as President of the Iowa Limestone Producers Association in February. He was proud of me....... Man, time flies.......

Good luck getting in and you will get good care.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Dave: My wife, had the same procedure done, on her Thyroid. :clap Now she 's been taking Synthroid for 25 years. Every so often, her doctor will adjust her mcg's up or down. We never realized, that our Tyroid Gland plays a very important role, in our Health.:dunno Sorry your Dad, was robbed of his health, from smoking. Too many horror stories from Tobacco.:(:eek1 Keep the Faith, Phil.:pray