McQuillen Intake

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave, maybe I can bug you for some intake measurements? I couldn't get too many when we were at Carl's. He didn't have one that was off the engine. And I only got a few measurements of one on an engine.:dunno2

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My thumb is over dizzy hole and I believe the top is pointed the correct way. The end of the tape by the thumb looks way off but may only be 1/4" or so.

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
If I can explain correctly, lay a straight edge across intake front to rear. Measure to the bottom surface that sets atop the China wall front and rear. I also would like to know how far the distributor hole center is from the rear carb center, or at least to the centerline of the rear carb bolt holes. Carl told me what he thought carb tilt angle was, maybe 4 degrees?, but I got sure. Maybe take a measurement to the carb front mounting surface while the straight edge is across the top of the intake. I wish I was able to draw a diagram and post it, but I'm at work now. Maybe I can tonight. Thank you!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Maybe this will help. The end of the tape doesn't look to be in the center of the dizzy hole. It's an optical illusion.

Attachments

• McQuillen2.jpg
    McQuillen2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 53
  • McQuillen1.jpg
    McQuillen1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 53
  • McQuillen.jpg
    McQuillen.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 55
  • McQuillen3.jpg
    McQuillen3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 61
  • McQuillen4.jpg
    McQuillen4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 64

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Maybe this will help. The end of the tape doesn't look to be in the center of the dizzy hole. It's an optical illusion.
They are some great shots and measurements Dave! Just what I was looking for. Thank you!!!!! Now to start calculating to see if an air cleaner might fit under a hood on top of that intake. The carb spacing may be the issue though. Might need to find a larger cake pan and pizza tray. :brow