mini convention or just plain get together

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
mr. jim you may not beleave this but this is one of the shortest rides i will have taking in years. but like i said i hope to learn a lot to use on my 59 and this is the best way in person. besides i ride for the beer :roll

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
chevymusclecars said:
I talked to another member here in Ohio today that has not looked at the site lately and he may also attend. That would be another 1962 409 car. .

Bill

Bill,I missed this one on my count,what member is it :dunno

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We have just registered for Blue Suede Cruise our number is 0351. I'm not sure if we can be there on Friday but we will be there for sure on Saturday. We would like to pit with all of you 348-409ers if that is possible.I will be bringing my 409 rear engine dragster. I already checked, with Norwalk, if we could race and after some discussion they said we could (seems that they have never seen a 409 RED....imagine that...).Please if at all possible keep us in the loop Thanks.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tony,this is going to be real treat to see your 409 Dragster.I have not seen a 409 Dragster go down the strip,this will be real :cool:That makes 14 members and 10 powered 409 cars.I don't remember seeing that many 409'S in one place :love

List of members
Fatride 60-409
SS425HP 63-409
Chevymusclecars 67 SS Chevelle
Chevymusclecars freind 62 409
jim-ss409 62 409
Bam59 rideing a Harley from Fl
Back in time 62-409
JC327 ????
b-d409 62 409
b-d409 freind 61-409
region rat 64 SS
Quickshift 62-409
Jim Kwi 57 409
Tony Salins 409 Dragster

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
"(seems that they have never seen a 409 RED....imagine that...)"

:roll :roll :roll This is looking like it will be a fun event. :cheers

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
409 Red

Guys, I think Tony means 409 Rear Engine Dragster R.E.D. ;) Tony and his wife are great folks. At the local car shows they allow little kids the chance to experience sitting in a real dragster and they get as big a kick out of it as the children! :clap

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim,have you gave it any thought about attending Norwalk? :dunno It sure would be Great to have another member attend :D

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We just remember when we were young...

Jim,
Thanks for the kind words. We do get as big a kick out of letting the kids sit in the car as they do. We remember when we were their age. If someone had offered us the opportunity to sit in a "real" dragster, we would have been extremely excited and forever grateful!! A lot of the mothers ask if they can sit in the car. We get almost as big a kick out of the car shows, the kids and the families as we do out of racing. (Maybe not as big, but it's still fun.) Does anybody have a schedule of events for the blue suede cruise weekend? Thanks.

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
409 R.e.d.

Thanks Jim for the info on the blue suede cruise weekend. Yes, Jim was right. :clap Our car is a REAR ENGINE DRAGSTER (R.E.D.) and what makes it even more confusing is that it is red in color. My fault - I should have put the punctuation in the R.E.D. When my wife and I started looking for a dragster, I remember wondering what R.E.D. stood for in the ads. It wasn't until there was an ad for a front engine dragster (F.E.D.) that it started to make sense to me - what R.E.D. stood for. :doh Most of us drag racers don't bother with proper punctuation so Rear Engine Dragster becomes RED.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Can anyone tell me what this means by a thread started by Tick's 60 :dunno

TicToc took the Red Pill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And bought a very nice Canadian's 409 Red Block (see the 4-sale ads) with everything but heads. Already have a set.

Back to the lab

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Norwalk

Jim Kwi, I'm hoping that my doctors will let me go around that time as I'm a buckeye originally from Toledo and it would be a lot of fun. Norwalk brings back many good memories.

I'm scheduled to have surgery once I get my symptoms stabilized and there will be a rather long rehab. following. If not there in body...I will be in mind and spirit.

Thanks for the invite and thinking of us :clap

Tony...Like I said, you and family are a class act and hope that Sharon and I get to see you at the shows and cruises. Tom Sand (409- 55') would love to see your cars as well. Maybe we can decend upon a cruise night together and show the locals what the 60's was like? :D

All the best, guys...

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim,Thanks for your reply,I hope you have a safe and speedy recovery from your surgery.Me and the members will be Praying for a successful surgery :)

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Nowalk Arrival Time

OK Guys,I have a couple of questions about Norwalk :dunno

(1) How many members do we have,that will arrive on Friday and camp out and what time?

(2) Friday members,where do we sit up camp,Pit side?

(3) Do have cell phone #'S,that we could share,for break downs,locations,and other matters?

Note! I'm just wrighting this Post so that we have an area were all us club members can get together and hangout :)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'd like to get there for friday but I can't say for sure if that will happen just yet. Using this site and cell phones we can probably manage to have a group of us arive at the same time. :D

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The real Tony???

You must be the Tony from the former great GREAT LAKES 409 CLUB. I remember a few late night beer drinking...er BS sessions.... I mean club meetings at your shop. GlAD YOUR STILL AROUND. Ever see any of the guys FROM THE INFAMOUS midwest 409 club??? I still remember that big race we had at THE GROVE when we had to race against the AMC club. I met Colsons son at 41 last summer. Steve moved out of the area. Looking forward to seeing you at Norwalk. Bob Walla