mini convention or just plain get together

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Norwalk

I'll arrive Friday, Pit side. Camping. Will be with Ray, I hope.

Cell 513-594-7442

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
region rat, I was in the Midwest in early 80's.I lived in G.R Mich and got the news letter.I was at the Maple Grove Dragstrip when Bob Goss had a stroker 409 in a 63.I think Bob is the only member I remember :dunno I drove my 57 chevy and had a 409 In it and it was Red and it was called Wild Cherry.

Attachments

• 371Picture_018.jpg
    371Picture_018.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 41

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Henway

Hey Bob, Jim Kwi beat me to the punchline and he's right 4lbs. will do. If you get around this side of the permanent pond, let me know so we can get together.

Still have photos that me and Denny Ford took of the 64' way back at SCS Indy about 15 or so years ago. That sure was fun watching "Barber John" Stepanik and "Wild" Bill Burge go at it.

Have a large one,

Jim Miller

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi Bob,
Yes it is THE REAL Tony! and yes I do remember those "meetings" at my shop. I also see Steve's son at Union Grove Dragway during the season. He races modified ET and I race Top ET so we don't usually race each other which is probably a good thing because the kid is awfully good! Steve came back to town to visit Matt and I saw him at the track. Steve is recovering from a bout with cancer but his spirits seemed very high. I also ran into Rich Bloom at a cruise night. He moved to Florida but didn't like it so he returned to the Chicago area. Last I heard he was selling grave sites for a cemetery. I also see Bob Pioch from time to time. He has a shop in Buffalo Grove, Il. Anyway, I'll save some gossip for Norwalk. Thanks for the post.

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
JimKwiatkowski said:
OK Guys,I have a couple of questions about Norwalk :dunno

(1) How many members do we have,that will arrive on Friday and camp out and what time?

(2) Friday members,where do we sit up camp,Pit side?

(3) Do have cell phone #'S,that we could share,for break downs,locations,and other matters?

Note! I'm just wrighting this Post so that we have an area were all us club members can get together and hangout :)

(1) i'll be there on thursday so time is up to u-all

(2) camp site, up to u-all

(3) phone # 727-442-5303 this number will patch to my cell. is anyone coming from south of the mason-dixson line beside me or is this a yankee party :roll

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Arrive alive.

I'll be coming in Fri. If we can camp behind the pits that would be great! May not be permitted tho. There is a huge field to the West of the track behind a chain link fence. If we get ther early we can camp next to the fence, You can see the track pretty good from there and we could park our cars together at the camp site.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I think the pit area is pretty limited so it's first come first serve. I think we are going to play it by ear!

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I should be there early afternoon,the wife wants to go to Ceder Point first,but I'm trying to talk her out if :dunno

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ceder Point!

Let her drive the shoe box down the 1/4 once, that's way better than any ride at Ceder point! :D

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Blue Suede Cruise 2004

Here's last years show,it looks like it might be the same program,except for the time on the gates open

Remember when it took you an entire afternoon (because you wanted the moment to last) to wash and wax your car and $1.00 would give you enough gas to "Buzz The Ave" all Friday night? A simple rev of an engine at a red light meant it was time to "go" and cars could be seen drag racing down Main Street until the early hours of the morning. Heck, you might even have had enough horsepower under the hood to win a pink slip! Well, it's time to dust off those saddle shoes and brush up on your American Graffiti trivia because the 3rd Annual Blue Suede Cruise sponsored by PPG and presented by Cruisin Times Magazine is this weekend, June 4th, 5th and 6th.

Grab your friends and load up your ride, we're traveling back to the glory days of the 50's and 60's. Take a step back to the time when cars were made of metal, music was wholesome, and weekends were reserved for family fun. The Blue Suede Cruise kicks off on Friday with registration and a participant BBQ. Saturday includes Fun Runs from 10:30am until 4:30pm, Blown Nostalgia cars, AA Fuel Altereds, AA Fuel Dragsters, Scott Shockley's Jet Powered 1957 Chevy Truck, the Neon Parade of Lights, a Flame Throwing contest, Phil Dirt and the Dozers in concert, and a fireworks display at 10:00pm. Sunday will conclude with Fun Runs and the exhibition car elimination rounds. This family friendly event will also include a Saturday Night Cruise-In, Manufacturer's Midway, Swap Meet, Car Corral, Women’s World, Shopping Shuttle, Kids Games, Spark Plug Changes, Valve Cover Races and a Model Car Contest!

Showtimes and Gates Open: Friday 10A-10P, Saturday 7:30A-11:00P, Sunday 8A-6P
Free Spectator Parking.

Admission and Fees:
Adults Friday: $12
Adults Saturday or Sun: $15/day
Adults Fri thru Sun: $30
Kids (6-12) Fri, Sat or Sun: $5/day
Kids (6-12) Fri thru Sun:$10
Participants: $35 (1972 cars and older only)
(Admits 2 adults and 2 kids age 15 and under)
Car Corral: $30 weekend
Swap Meet Vendors: $50 weekend
Woman’s World: $50 weekend
Manufacturers: $250 weekend

We look forward to seeing you

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
looks like fun fellas, strongly considering bringing my boy and the 09 car. 390 miles from my part of the country. not so bad.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob,that sounds good hope you and your boy can make it,how old is your boy?Bring a tent and save some money on hotel room.

We also have new member RPO587 attending,the list keeps growing guys :D

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
3,505 Views on this Thread and 15 members are attending

Come on Guy's 15 members out of 3,505 views on this thread,are showing up to Norwalk :dunno .This is 409 day Sign up today :deal

This all started out to be a test and tune for Fatride and SS425HP,and I was going to come down to Ohio watch these to members battle it out :bang :evil :cuss :eek:

I never thought we would have 15 members interested in this show :D

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was talking to the folks at Norwalk about camping etc. Apparently they have camping spots with power but they are sold out, camping spots without power for spectators ( $25. for the entire event ) and free pit parking for those bringing cars. I assume the pit parking is what we want, right? Then we would just order a general admission pass, one for each person, right? I don't think we need to order anything else, right?