Moving Today

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
1970 hard tail Sportster!!!!!! REAL smooth cross country cruiser!!!

2.2 gallon gas tank helped. Mary was a trooper. Lucky to live through that bike.
Leather strap was pretty close to the ground lots of times.

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Thanks for the kind words Chip. Got married in 72 and in 76 I put in a used 14X70 moblie home up the road a quarter of a mile from where i am now. Didn't have much money, but i did have enough for the down payment at the bank for the trailer, a 1970 Kenwood. Bought an acre of ground from a farmer friend on contract. Went to the well driller and sewer guys and worked out paying them. Did some dirt work with my Dad's TD20 dozer. Got the trailer ready to move my self, got it in place and did all the leveling, hooking stuff up, ect. myself. The next year i tore down Dad's house and built me a 24X40 garage out of the lumber, bought very little materials. Bought a bunch of cement and used our own sand and rock and poured the concrete for the garage with borrowed mixers and some friends one weekend. Burnt wood for 9 years, my back still hurts as i split most by hand. Moved to the A-frame in 86 and the only reason we left there was flooding caused by increased population. I am lucky to be able to have a shop like this. I've worked pretty hard my whole life and now it time to treat myself......plans are to retire this year.
You remind me of me, I knew there was a reason I liked you. Built my first house from the ground up, poured the foundation, laid the block, poured the floor, framed the house put the second story trusses up by myself and shingles's. Siding, Drywall, drywall finish, trim, kitchen cabinets, countertops, etc, etc. pissed off doing the roof sheeting because when I threw the sheet up to the roof they kept sliding back off. Got help. Cut an burnt wood for 25 years. Split with a mall for ten years. In all that time I kept thinking I was lazy when I took a day off! We have to knock one back at 42 this summer Dave.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You remind me of me, I knew there was a reason I liked you. Built my first house from the ground up, poured the foundation, laid the block, poured the floor, framed the house put the second story trusses up by myself and shingles's. Siding, Drywall, drywall finish, trim, kitchen cabinets, countertops, etc, etc. pissed off doing the roof sheeting because when I threw the sheet up to the roof they kept sliding back off. Got help. Cut an burnt wood for 25 years. Split with a mall for ten years. In all that time I kept thinking I was lazy when I took a day off! We have to knock one back at 42 this summer Dave.

Game ON you old Fart.;)

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My best game. Hammered the last ball into the pocket and the damn 10 pin didn't even wiggle. The guy that owns the bowling alley gave me the pin. They give a ring for a 298, 299, and 300 game, so I do have that. IMG_20190409_173648273.jpg After I got busted up in the bike wreck in 2000 the bowling has went downhill.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Getting close to being done.

One Grandpa fished catfish with this cane pole. You could set on the bank and reach out into the log jam. I used Grandma's pole. Good memories of getting the bait the day before,(crayfish and chubs, and maybe some chicken blood from his secret recipe) cane poles in the Jeep headed to the river. Sandwiches in the bag. The other Grandpa speared his fish. Will be hung on the wall.IMG_20190410_155615344.jpg