mr 409 guy

mr409guy

Well Known Member
Hi everyone ! I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it.
I would like to start off by saying this is a great club with cool members.
some of you probably already know me from my home town and track Maple Grove, Reading Pa.
been racing my wife's (hmmm) 57 nomad. I am currently building a 55 belair sport coupe with Grumpy Jenkin's personal race engine given to his friend Jack Duffy (first vp of hurst shifters and founder of linda Vaughn fame )then sold to me in 2013. Check out the dyno pull at andy Jensens shop on you tube "Grumpy Jenkins 301 dyno " also own a 61 SS 409 convertible, 61 bubble top, 31 model A pickup, 38 ford cabriolet, and a few more hot rods. I'm 51 and been drag racing since I was 14. Don't rat me out !!! they never checked...
I am the current owner of the late great Ronnie Evans "Wildfire" 62 Chevy Impala.
My wife and I are the Owners of RT 10 auto sales and service in Mohnton ,Pa.
I have been doing auto upholstery since I was 12 years old following my fathers foot steps. He was very well known for his interior and sewing skills .
Hoping to meet some of you this coming drag racing year ! I'm sure we will have lots of fun.
Thank you for welcoming me in ! John Medaglia

mr409guy

Well Known Member
Hi dick, we met at cecil this year. I showed you pictures of my black 63 409/425 that I had for sale. don't know if you remember me but I remember your car.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome2 Sounds like the Wildfire car has found a great home. Will it still get to see some limited track use or show only from now on? Hopefully some occasional "exhibition" passes are in the plan. Looking forward to pics.......and some of the 61's too.

mr409guy

Well Known Member
I would post some pics if I can figure out how? I plan on racing the wildfire car with all of you. Not into shows that much, kind of got burned out. I would like to know more about that 61 that run's 9:40 I'm impressed...I plan on keeping the wildfire car and racing it at super chevy Maplegrove also. My car can be seen on line Ronnie Evans/wildfire I will keep working on posting some cool pics. I think I can do it on the media page.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
40537-4e5628fb5f0d811d9a436f95cd7a9267.jpg
40536-a98ff55599860f24d2c93dac2057d9e0.jpg

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I would post some pics if I can figure out how?

Here's a picture I got from this link...
http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/ronnie-evans.23577/

RonnieEvans_zps2c1ede71.jpg

Here's how you do it...

When you're doing a post you'll see a button that says "upload a file" in the lower right of the screen.
Click on that and it should take you to your documents and pictures stored in your computer.
Find the picture you're after and click on it.
A small thumbnail will appear at the bottom of the page.
Below the thumbnail, you'll see a button that says "full Image" Click on that and your picture should show up.

mr409guy

Well Known Member
hey Jim, you should check out the 55 hardtop i'm building. a rust free southern car. 301 Jenkins motor, shoebox tunnel ram, magneto ,g-force 5 speed, 57 olds rear with 6:17 and a spool, hurst motor plate, Lakewood steering drop and Lakewood traction bars (4' Long ) with crossmember and a whole bunch of other cool nostalgia parts. hopefully be out next year, got side tracked with my sons Plymouth.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I would post some pics if I can figure out how? I plan on racing the wildfire car with all of you. Not into shows that much, kind of got burned out. I would like to know more about that 61 that run's 9:40 I'm impressed...I plan on keeping the wildfire car and racing it at super chevy Maplegrove also. My car can be seen on line Ronnie Evans/wildfire I will keep working on posting some cool pics. I think I can do it on the media page.
Here you go John
http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/1961-biscayne-project-in-fargo-nd.21493/

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
hey Jim, you should check out the 55 hardtop i'm building. a rust free southern car. 301 Jenkins motor, shoebox tunnel ram, magneto ,g-force 5 speed, 57 olds rear with 6:17 and a spool, hurst motor plate, Lakewood steering drop and Lakewood traction bars (4' Long ) with crossmember and a whole bunch of other cool nostalgia parts. hopefully be out next year, got side tracked with my sons Plymouth.
:pics