mr 409 guy

mr409guy

Well Known Member
Hey steve. Want you to know i do have faith in pete. Spent about an hour with him Good guy. Stopped at carls today to shoot the bull. You guys need to go to bowling green with us. How cool would that be?

mr409guy

Well Known Member
Not sure when ronnie got this car. 1 person told me it is ed showalters old car " zorro". Talked to eddie. He said could be! Found original window sticker that leads me to believe he bought the car new. I would bet verne frantz would know.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Pete's automotive uses this pan on his engines and is the pan that was on my motor. the problem is the previous owner only had 3.5 qts of oil in the engine and it starved at the end of the track. It just sucks I never got to run the motor at all, I don't even know what it sounds like. All I can do is move forward and look forward to racing next year with a great group of guys.
Can you tell us something about the car and motor?

mr409guy

Well Known Member
I just bought every issue of super chevy February 1989 because the wildfire car is on the cover. from what I read Ronnie Evans had quite the car collection. From what I can tell the current wildfire car was bought in the mid to late sixties by Ronnie. The motor is a 482 with a crower crankshaft 4.125 stroke, manely h beam rods, @ 13.8:1 compression Lots of cylinder head work and custom intake. Stahl headers, Dana 60 ladder bar , and a lot of chassis work. the car is unbelievably clean top and bottom.still Investigating all of Ronnies acomplishments with the car. so far I am very impressed. this man was very dedicated to the car !

mr409guy

Well Known Member
this is Ronnie evans with some of his trophy's and awards. pic was supplied by his crewman verne frantz. Thanks verne !!!

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I just bought every issue of super chevy February 1989 because the wildfire car is on the cover. from what I read Ronnie Evans had quite the car collection. From what I can tell the current wildfire car was bought in the mid to late sixties by Ronnie. The motor is a 482 with a crower crankshaft 4.125 stroke, manely h beam rods, @ 13.8:1 compression Lots of cylinder head work and custom intake. Stahl headers, Dana 60 ladder bar , and a lot of chassis work. the car is unbelievably clean top and bottom.still Investigating all of Ronnies acomplishments with the car. so far I am very impressed. this man was very dedicated to the car !
Thanks, that's also the year I bought my first 409,
Can't wait too see Wild Fire run

Last edited:

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
John,
Do you have any new photos of the Wild Fire like interior & under side, what rear gear? and tire size
Thanks,
Brian

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Here is a shot of Wildfire driven by Ronnie and Wully Bully driven by Carl. This shot is from Maple Grove at a nostalgia race in either '92 or '93. Note they both were running steel hoods, bumpers and wheels at that time. Not sure what Wildfire weighed at the time, but Wully Bully was 3950lbs race ready. Showed this picture to John when he was at Carl's shop on Sunday, thought you guys would like to see it also. Not many others were racing 409's at that time!

Attachments

• Ronnie&Carl.jpg
    Ronnie&Carl.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 74

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah, Great Picture! :clap
You also make a good point about there not being very many 409 racers back in 1992.