My 58 Impala Resto?

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave I think you will not get a good glass of wine next trip to Texas

Derry, I'm not convinced that they have good wine in Texas ?????:rub:dunno ......... but they do have great steaks !!!

Dave

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Best steak in a long time cmae from Texas via Brian. Keep getting error messages saying I need to wait 20 seconds or so to post. So I rehit post reply and it says same thing. Then it all goes three times. Been working on 58 getting a bunch of piddily stuff done, but having a time to download my pics.

:crazy

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just looked back on this post and its been close to a year since I started on this car. Because of all the rain and humidity up here I reverted to plan B (definitely not the way I wanted to do this car). As the bottom and frame were done I went ahead and put the frame back under it, rebuilt all the front suspension, got it on, got the 605 steering box and linkage on, replaced all the front brakes, 61 hubs from 1958sedan delivery along with all the new taper bearings, seals, washers, nuts , caps. Stuffed a 348 block and 700r4 trans in to set up the crossmember ( that story in another post). Got it back on it's wheels tonite, gotta check body mounts for shims and tighten rear suspension and underside will be done except for diveshaft. I been taking pics but haven't been able to get em posted. Plan to get firewall area done and then stick the 09 in her and fire it up:dance. Then I'll work on the body. At least that's the plan.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray, Wow you are right into this project! Guess you have been hanging around with Brian to long.:roll
Por15 is good just don't get any on your skin. Takes a while for it to go away. I see Eastwood sells a encapsulated product that looks good in the pics. you can look at it on line in their catalog. When I did the 64 I sprayed Lizard Skin on the floors and all interior surfaces after I had sprayed Rust Bullet first. LS keeps the heat out and helps deaden the sound. They have gotten a good amount of feedback from builders.
Keep up the good work..........that is a nice looking '58. Walt

Walt, I'm planning on using the rust bullet. What kind of finish did it leave, smooth, orange peely?? Is it sandable??

Ray

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray, from reading some of your post you've made lately the big 63 already happened. and by tha way I'm BT he's Brain. Signed the real BT409

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray, I went to the Phil school of stiring STUFF. What a great professor of stuff. :D " The real BT409"

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, you might remember a while back I let Brian make some runs In my car at North Star Dragway in Denton, Tx. The next morning I went out to unload the car so I could clean the seat, and when I opened the door I noticed elbo prints on my lexan window. :D Barry

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:laugh:laugh:laugh I guess once a window crank, always a window crank............. Maybe it's like smoking, really hard to quit.
Dave

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
bush.gif

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well it's back to work now. :grumble So I say good bye to the Impala for another year, as usual, didn't get done no where near what I wanted to. I simply have to take vacation next year during a dry season so I can strip and paint it. Had it set up to stipr and prime today and it's raining again.:bang

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well it's back to work now. :grumble So I say good bye to the Impala for another year, as usual, didn't get done no where near what I wanted to. I simply have to take vacation next year during a dry season so I can strip and paint it. Had it set up to stipr and prime today and it's raining again.:bang

Just let me know when you want me pick it up and finish it for you Ray.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just let me know when you want me pick it up and finish it for you Ray.

OH, so now the bullwork is done you now will come pick it up, I don't have to bring it to you?? Like a blister shows up after the work is done. Besides, I wouldn't feel right you doing that free, I'd have to buy you some good wine like..................................Bali Hi, Thunderbird, high DOLLAR stuff.:laugh

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm bringing this back to front so maybe new members can read through it and maybe get a chuckle or two from the banter between myself, Dave, and Brian as this project went along. The car is currently getting stripped and was going to go to for Brian to finish in time for Thompson in June. I have to finish it but it ain't gonna be fun now.

Ray

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Ray,
I'm really sorry that you are back under these cirumstances but we have missed you and are glad you are back. Robert Street and I had discussed your whereabouts a month or so ago. Don't go away again.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray, It is great to here from you. I like everyone else here missed you and hoped all was well in your life. I just wish it were under different circumstances. If you get to the Dallas area you know you'll always have a place to stay . Barry