My 58 Impala Resto?

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thomas, I already had the 409 built. I intend on doing the 58 348 in the near future and if the 09 lives long enough may redo it in something else and put the 348 in the 58. Did you do anything with the 454?

Ray
I'm sure the 09 will do just fine. The 454 is still setting just about where we put it. got another setting with it. Sold the intake.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
VACATION TIME. Body shop sprayed RUST BULLET on body. Informed me Friday that it shrunk and blistered overnight. Will it ever end?? He called Rust Bullet they are sending fresh gallon per warranty. So another K to strip it again. This is a pro restoration shop having restored hundreds of cars . I just figured out not to use anything with the name BULLET in it , cams, Paint. So can't pick up car till probably Wednesday , 1/2 week shot. And still waiting for steering column seals and driveshaft.

Ray

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, don't look like I'll be bringing the 58 to Thompson, was supposed to get it back today, just informed more like Thursday. So screw it.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I did get a new TV cable installed today, put carb on, put dual master cylinder and connected brake lines, Fabbed and installed oil dipstick tube. Got gas tank installed last night, all fuel lines hooked except to carb, had to rotate fuel pump. AND I learned how to use Photobucket............a little.

Ray

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I looked at your photobucket Ray, looking good!! Hang in there, it'll come together.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys, it's getting there slow but slowly. And them I twisted off the throttle cable stud that goes through the firewall. Darn beer does make you stronger.:bang:doh

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Aw Jeez, it was only aluminum, here I thought it was a stainless piece. Guess not so strong after all.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Don, just thought maybe the light beer wouldn't make him so strong, but that could just be a fig newton of my imagination!! :D

Lonnie

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
No Worries Ray, In time that password will pop back in and you will wonder what it is for!! happens to me all the time.
Good to see you on the board again, keep up the good work

Steve

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here we go again. Contacted 3 shops. 1" backed up " 2 years. 1 spent two taking pictures and telling me how I want my car done a month ago and haven't heard anything since S(worked for me20 some years ago),and third my third cousin a no show.
So, from the chair and a good right hand I'll finish it myself.

ray
ray

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Best wishes with this Ray!!! Your pictures are awesome!! Hope you have a quick sale.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray, Sorry to hear of your set back. Someone is going to get a nice car. Best of luck with your sale.