MYSTERY MOTOR & Z-11

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Thanks for the kind words.

You know, at the time we never had any idea how great the times were!

All we wanted to do was win a few races, not blow up the car and be ready for work on Monday morning!

We only talked about was who we beat, or an excuse why we got beat! LOL LOL LOL

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Got to remember each year we were looking for what was coming out next.

In the DFW area we had 2 aluminum front end 62’s, 3 Z-11 cars and all the extra parts. I think I paid about $125 for the heads.

Remember new Z-11 heads list price at the Chevy store(if you were allowed to buy) were $96 each bare.

After that era we moved on to the L-88’s, we had 2 ZL-1 Camaros cross ram small block Chevys, even a 430 cu in we got from Vince Piggins for a boat.
Anyway, it was an incredible window of time to “Win on Sunday/Sell on Monday”!!

Thanks for listening.

Pat

heddrik

Well Known Member
I could listen to this stuff all day long, and I'm sure most members here would love to also. Thank you for sharing amazing life stories with us. When I talked to you back in the eighties I had no idea of the giant you were in this hobby. Thanks again. Heddrik

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I could listen to this stuff all day long, and I'm sure most members here would love to also. Thank you for sharing amazing life stories with us. When I talked to you back in the eighties I had no idea of the giant you were in this hobby. Thanks again. Heddrik
T-REX of the 409 world!!!!!!!!

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’ve learned “if you throw enough money at these projects you can fix anything”!!
Pat, What year was the alloy 283 made? The late Paul Wright from Akron told me he di an alloy SBC for Chevy late early 60's maybe?
He got it done and 3 guys showed up with suires and gave him a briefcase full on cash.