MYSTERY MOTOR & Z-11

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Try this place https://www.castmetalwelding.com/ . Cast is all the guy does and fixes some very rare and/or expensive pieces. Not cheap but when it comes to welding cast iron permanently, you have to pay up. That head can be saved.

Thank you, I’m scouring the countryside for parts and looking for repair shops. I’m contacting the various welding equipment mfg to see who says theirs is the best equipment and who is the best! More to come.

Thanks again.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Pat, I have used Indy Cylinder Heads in the past for welding cast iron heads with great results, been in business a long time, good reputation. Just outside city loop, southeast side, and I think address is Shelby.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pat, I have used Indy Cylinder Heads in the past for welding cast iron heads with great results, been in business a long time, good reputation. Just outside city loop, southeast side, and I think address is Shelby.
Really?I think you are the first person I heard who said they have a good reputation. The internet is full of nasty comments about them and the mopar guys I run with have nothing good to say about them either. I spoke with them about repairing a hole in a exhaust port on an iron head and I have to agree with the negative comments I have heard.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Really?I think you are the first person I heard who said they have a good reputation. The internet is full of nasty comments about them and the mopar guys I run with have nothing good to say about them either. I spoke with them about repairing a hole in a exhaust port on an iron head and I have to agree with the negative comments I have heard.
Wow! Good to know. It has been many years since I dealt with them, they did a very good job then. Things must have changed since. Thanks for the tip.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Pat a second on Indy Cylinder heads. Pontiac buddy used them with good results on an iron head. Was about 15 years ago though.

heddrik

Well Known Member
Wow! Thank you Pat for the automotive history lesson. Pray you find the right fix for the MM. Just an incredible post, wish I could help. I drive by where Green Valley used to be in Keller every once in awhile, you are blessed that you were involved at such a great time in racing.