New Biscayne project

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got my mounts in and could only do 4 for now. The rear drivers side is not lining up no matter where I shift the body. I think that’s due to how it was hit in the rear and pulled the rear to the passenger side some. I did start using my free porta power to push the trunk area some until the cylinder started to leak to much. So ordering some seals to rebuild that and I can continue. It’s small progress but some none the less. 7ADE3CFA-F78F-4014-BF85-FDFD4F108512.jpegCC481FB5-B99D-4001-A665-95876F7F8BF4.jpeg

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anything is possible but the frame didn’t contact whatever it hit. No signs of anything bent or out of shape on the bumper bracket areas. Also when pushing one of the dents in the drivers side quarter has popped back out and nice and straight in that area again.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Worth checking the frame measurements I’d say, those frames are pretty weak in that area and it took a fair amount of force to roll that rear quarter and trunk wall back? I think the measurements are in the assembly manual.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Just a question? are you going to take the body up off the frame? If so, now would be the time take the frame
to a frame shop to have it inspected and front end aligned. Also Im sure you know on the original quarter panel
driver side, the gas door, bracing and large cover that is attached to quarter panel for the gas pipe, and the outer
wheel well all are some what connected to that body mount box and cover brace too. Im sure you'll figure it out, the reason Im saying about the frame shop, is I finished a 56 Chev frame off, and went to have the front end
aligned and it couldn't be done, because the frame was tweaked. So had to have it pulled out and straightened.
Keep up the great work... stan

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
At some point I’m planning on pulling the frame out from under it to weld up the suspension modifications for racing. If it is tweaked I don’t think it’s much as it was only a half a bolt hole off for the rear mount. I found a nice article for the box brace replacement in a older magazine that goes over the procedure in detail. I have the covers for the box braces and remember the drivers side one is quite different from the passenger one.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Been slowly picking at the trunk area since I got my seal kits installed in the porta power. I’m a complete amateur at this side of things but kinda enjoying learning. I’m so far pleased with the progress. I’m thinking the boy is more excited as he always wants to go out and work on it with me.C2A2C6F1-D5D2-432A-9703-298B4A4762F6.jpeg