New Biscayne project

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Haven’t updated this for a while. I put it on the back burner for a bit when I built the motor for my impala last year as my garage is small and I didn’t want dust, dirt, and grinding material flying around while doing motor work. I was working on trying to keep the existing trunk pan in place and patch it but the rear brace had too much bend in it. I thought I was doing good getting it straight until I mounted the trunk lid then it showed how far it was off. The gap got wider the farther back on the trunk and there was no adjusting it out. There was no good way to remove that rear brace and patch the trunk floor up to my liking. So I cut all the spot welds out and have a new trunk floor now. Still need the tailight panels but no one seems to have them in stock. I cut out and patched the trunk shelf area up where the box braces rotted out. I also have the rest of the 1/4 cut off. I was finally able to do my first test fit of my 1/4 panel to make sure how I’m gonna graft it it will work and it seems like it’s gonna work out nice. It’s not fast progress but progress none the less. I can’t thank Jim enough for his patience on answering my questions and sharing a YouTube channel that has been very helpful.2ABE46E7-D27F-41B7-9BBA-9582306815AC.jpeg085A9100-3230-4181-B5D0-A8033EEC1F58.jpeg60A12BF6-399E-4CB4-83FA-1A0BE3188D83.jpeg3FD15069-3EA0-45C5-9A6F-95AFC0128056.jpeg91EA60BA-8D8D-40CC-8EE6-AD264F2DC7DE.jpeg

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nate, you are a brave soul. I can machine & screw an engine together any day. I have even machined & screwed together a couple that I had never saw before that showed up in boxes & coolers, but to tackle a project like that I'm calling someone else!
Looking good BTW!
Jeff

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Like everyone else has said……. really nice Nate………!!!!…….Gonna be a nice solid race car.:burnout:happy:happy:happy

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks like your measuring stick is working quite well, looks fantastic!:read:write

Reactions: 327