Newby- Prolly Buying A '63 (clone) Biscayne 409-425

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
It's been 40 years since my friend and I did his 409... Sorta been on my mind ever since. I have 25 or so collector and special interest cars. This is the most expensive one I've bot so far. The $16,000 each for my '65 Electra 225 4 door hdtp and '65 Grand Prix, both low miles and loaded survivors. This car is put together, something I've never owned, I don't like other folks projects, but I'll fix all the crap, and unless a better car with a real '09 comes along, this car will hang around for a while!

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Found it... These have the stamped-to-look-like-copper rad, I like it!

https://www.autocityclassic.com/1959-1963/1959-63-chevrolet-aluminum-radiator-w/fan-sl-263-at-f/

Presumably the included fan is stronger than mine. I'd like to go with an original clutch fan and shroud, then if necessary, an electric fan in front of the rad
That's the radiator! We use aftermarket 6 blade fans with a fan clutch and fan shroud with no overheating problems. Good luck with the car and as said before, your smile says it all.

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
I'll look again, but it sure looked like won ton. I could be wrong. I won't be back to my shop until Sunday. Taking the '09 to a (mostly) Mopar open house, rain rain rain predicted... Mopar is fine, it's F*rd's I have trouble with. The shop specializes in HEMIS, but he does EVERYTHING! I'll have video, and he has a professional videographer in attendance. Nicks Garage on Ytube. One of the few I watch