NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
image.jpeg Engine is back between the fenders, new MSD 6AL digital is mounted with steel nutserts and wired. Fired and timed the engine today. All is as it should be. What a load off my shoulders after this ignition fiasco! This just plain gets harder every year. Get the neighbors over to help with the hood tomorrow and know back a few. Time to rotate the tires on the dually and start a check list for the long pull.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Bowling Green T-Shirts:
Our dining room table is piled high with t-shirts. They really look great!
The prices are $11 each for small, Medium, large, and XLarge. $13.50 each for XXLarge.
The shirts are Jerzees Dri-Power Active brand 50% cotton and 50% poly.
I have 30 extra shirts to sell to the public at a little higher price.
It's great to hear that the attendees are getting their equipment ready and loaded. Me too. The trailer is scrubbed, the van goes to the garage tomorrow A.M., (not even I can fix everything) but it does have a nice paint job, and the car-----well the list will never be complete, but it is running nicely.
See you all soon. Have a great and safe trip!
Regards, Mark

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mark, I ordered two large shirts, but I won't be going to Bowling Green. Please let me know how to arange payment and shipping. Thanks for doing the shirts!

david montanbeau

Well Known Member
Bowling Green T-Shirts:
Our dining room table is piled high with t-shirts. They really look great!
The prices are $11 each for small, Medium, large, and XLarge. $13.50 each for XXLarge.
The shirts are Jerzees Dri-Power Active brand 50% cotton and 50% poly.
I have 30 extra shirts to sell to the public at a little higher price.
It's great to hear that the attendees are getting their equipment ready and loaded. Me too. The trailer is scrubbed, the van goes to the garage tomorrow A.M., (not even I can fix everything) but it does have a nice paint job, and the car-----well the list will never be complete, but it is running nicely.
See you all soon. Have a great and safe trip!
Regards, Mark
I'll take 2 XXLarge. Xlarge if not available. Let me know how to get you paid. Thanks.
Dave

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I have a friend who is coming with me. He takes great pictures. I'm sure he will be happy to take pictures of the event.

Also do we know if when we registered they gave us a number for racing or will we get one that at the strip? If we knew our number we could put it on the car prior to arrival. I do nor have an NHRA number.

Thanks.

Joel

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have a friend who is coming with me. He takes great pictures. I'm sure he will be happy to take pictures of the event.

Also do we know if when we registered they gave us a number for racing or will we get one that at the strip? If we knew our number we could put it on the car prior to arrival. I do nor have an NHRA number.

Thanks.

Joel
Joel,
You need to have a number on your car when you tech in ,you can make one up like J209 something like that

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I sent Tom home with the video recorder so he can get a handle on it so lets hope with his birds eye view we wont see a bunch of the back of peoples heads.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have a 10X20 canopy I bring along if we think it is needed it is not one of the easy up type but the larger tubing put together type.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Can we use white marker & what size do they want it? Also where does it go, each strip is usually different depending where the tower is. Thanks.

Joel

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
That's what usually happens, they assign a number there unless you have a permanent number. I will still be coming. Leaving here Saturday so I can get there in plenty of time. Will be a repeat performance I hope. Haven't done too good so far this season. Hopefully all my bad races are finished. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Take care.

Joel

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
This may have been asked before but it's worth repeating. What is the earliest date and time we can pull in? I always plan to be at the track a day ahead of time.

Mc409

Well Known Member
That's what I was wondering Ray. The schedule I have looks like 6:30 AM Thursday but I am not sure about it.

alloy409

Well Known Member
Good questions everyone! Martin and I are waiting for the event schedule from NHRA. When I get this information, I will be typing an itinerary, along with race rules, name tags and vent window stickers. Each participant will receive this at my tent and/or information center. My plans are to be there Wednesday, June 15 early morning for set up. I'll let you know as soon as I receive earliest arrival time from NHRA.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The only thing I received that shows a schedule says the following,

Wednesday June 15th
Headlock Classic Insurance FanFest, downtown Bowling Green----5-8pm

Thursday June 16th
Late Registration and participant Will Call-----6:30am to 4:00pm
Axalta Show 'N Shine parking opens----7:00am
Spectator gates open----8:00am
Hot Heads Eliminator Qualifying & Exhibition Runs----10:00am to 5:00pm
Top Fuel Qualifying Session #1----immediately following session
Secure Track Activity----6:00pm

Friday June 17th
The same with a few items added.
Secure All Track Activity----5:00pm

Saturday June 18th
NO LATE REGISTRATION
Show 'N Shine parking opens----7:00am
Spectator gates open----8:00am
Racing Eliminations Start (all classes)----8:30am
All NHRA activity----12:45am
Final Rounds-All Eliminations----6:30pm
Special Awards & Honorees presentation----7:00pm
Show 'N Shine winners Parade & Awards----7:15pm
Carklefest Parade & Presentation----7:45pm
Reunion Closes----9:00pm

On the bottom of schedule is the following,
SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Hope this helps.

Dave

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I plan on arriving on the 15th. Hopefully we will be able to enter the site & set up before everything gets started on Thursday.

Joel