NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Al. I had read the schedule and saw that but was hoping that might be just the secure track time.

alloy409

Well Known Member
Barry I'll be staying late and if I can help if your running late ....call me on my cell 703 989 - 4512 really don't have a good
Answer but I can try ?

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Thanks Al. I had read the schedule and saw that but was hoping that might be just the secure track time.

Barry,

We have arrived at the gate right at 5 PM and had to stay there until they opened the next day. In the past they have been pretty strict with stopping car, trailer & motorhome entry at 5.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Pack your patience....A couple of weeks back we waited 5 1/2 hours in their stacking lanes just to get into the Sports Nationals. The reunion is a big show lots of folks....yes, and lots of fun. But you might need your patience!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I bought a general admission ticket for my brother, he will be driving a 1963 Rambler SW. He is my pit crew. On the application it states that there will be available parking in my pit area for my pit crew. What should my brother tell them at the gate to avoid any flack?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I sent in my admission sheet months ago and the check was deposited, but I never heard any confirmation from the operators. My plans are to show up with a copy of the check (don't have the admission sheet any more) and hope that's all James and I will need to get in the event.

See you all in Bowling Green!

TomK

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I sent in my admission sheet months ago and the check was deposited, but I never heard any confirmation from the operators. My plans are to show up with a copy of the check (don't have the admission sheet any more) and hope that's all James and I will need to get in the event.

See you all in Bowling Green!

TomK
I have confirmation via email, paid with credit card. I am taking my credit card statement with me just in case. Canceled check, good as gold.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I leaving Tuesday staying near St Louis at a friends (corvette guy like my cars...).
Arriving Wednesday after noon.
Paul

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Paul:

James and I will be passing through St. Louis around 9:ish on Wednesday morning. Where in St. Louis will you be?

Tom

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
We will be at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Chesterfield, Mo. Near I-64 . Leave at ? Could meet. I am not sure on going thru on I-64 vs other Interstate routes around St Louis.
The corvette guy got us a room -- no charge - he's a Civil Engineer like me - it's a pipe benefit.:think
He has a frame off restored vette we will see Tues. night then he's buying supper. :cheers he offered so---- Ok with us.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The Weather is Looking Good :clap

Today
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 4pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Tuesday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 11am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
Wednesday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 91. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
Wednesday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 73. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thursday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 95. :big
Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.:clap
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 64.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 85. :clap
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 61.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 87.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey folks,
Ray Whitney with his 62 / 409 wagon pulled out for Bowling Green yesterday. He plans to get there tomorrow evening. His enclosed trailer is a 26 footer (I think) pulled by a black duel truck. He does not use a computer and knows very little about the 348-409 forum folks. He is pumped knowing he is going to see so many 409's in one place and will be able to race too. I'm excited to put faces to name as well! Due to time restraints, I'm flying down on Wednesday. Please keep an eye out for Ray. He's a good egg!

Gary I talked to Sherry about the parking, and all the 348-409 Show Car guys WILL be able to park together, I know this was a major concern for you so I was hoping you could be in charge of the area for the Show Car guys, there will have to be someone there to mark off the area, every morning, and make sure all canopies, and barriers are taken down every night, because the wind might blow them around and we cant have that around Show Cars, this is NHRA's rule. I hope this helps, The Racers HAVE to park in the Pits and the Show Cars HAVE to park in the Show Car Coral, again not my rules.
SHOW CAR GUYS
(1) 430hp (Ron) 1963 Impala
(2) 64chevydude (Steve and Anne) 1962 Belair Sport Coupe
(3) Royaloak62 (Dave) 62 Impala SS Conv.
(4) Jay Gould 1937 Chevy coupe 409
(5) Tri5man (Gary) 1964 Biscayne
(6) Phil and Candy Red 63 Belair
(7) BubbletopMan (Jeremie White ) 1962 Impala

Thanks
Martin

Bird Johnson Black/Black '63 will also be showing

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Barry,

We have arrived at the gate right at 5 PM and had to stay there until they opened the next day. In the past they have been pretty strict with stopping car, trailer & motorhome entry at 5.
Pack your patience....A couple of weeks back we waited 5 1/2 hours in their stacking lanes just to get into the Sports Nationals. The reunion is a big show lots of folks....yes, and lots of fun. But you might need your patience!
Thanks Dick. If I didn't have to lead the way for my friend Roger Robinson with my old Nova I would be there mid day Wed. And Thank You Russ for reminding me. I will bring my bottle of CHILL PILLs. See Ya'll in Bowling Green.

Last edited: