NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Looks like I might not make it. I'm at Big Springs, NE with a broken down motorhome. Still waiting for a tow to a repair shop. Not an easy fix. Fan has broken off motor. If I can get it to the shop they might be able to repair if parts available, no promises. I am still 1000 miles from Bowling Green so things don't seem to be looking good for me to make it. I will keep you posted.

Joel

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles Joel.
I hope they can get you fixed up and back on the road quickly.

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I need a little info, I got a confirmation e-mail for NHRA but that's all. Do I need to be there Wed. or is Thursday mid-morning OK? Which days to we get time trials and what time on each day. Any info is more than I got from NHRA..........HELP!:dunno

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Looks as if I won't make it. The shaft that runs the fan & electrical system broke off. The only place that has a replacement part is Los Angeles. Getting it shipped overnight, hopefully get here Wednesday. Maybe back on the road Wednesday. Don't think I would be able to make it to BG in time to do anything. Most likely wouldn't get there till Friday & probably in no condition to race. You all have a great time.

Al. Since I won't be there my friend will also not be coming. You will need someone else to take pictures. Also any possibility of getting a refund from NHRA. I would still like to get the shirt I ordered. Someone let me know how I can do that. Thanks.

Joel

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Looks as if I won't make it. The shaft that runs the fan & electrical system broke off. The only place that has a replacement part is Los Angeles. Getting it shipped overnight, hopefully get here Wednesday. Maybe back on the road Wednesday. Don't think I would be able to make it to BG in time to do anything. Most likely wouldn't get there till Friday & probably in no condition to race. You all have a great time.

Al. Since I won't be there my friend will also not be coming. You will need someone else to take pictures. Also any possibility of getting a refund from NHRA. I would still like to get the shirt I ordered. Someone let me know how I can do that. Thanks.

Joel
Joel, I will miss you at Bowling Green.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Giny and I are leaving tomorrow morning to begin our trip to Bowling Green.1st stop will be in Youngstown Ohio Tuesday afternoon then on to Bowling green on Wednesday afternoon .God willing we will see you all on Thursday morning.I was going to get a rental for the trip . I found out that Avis and Hertz have starting to use DRUGS. They want $400.00 a week for a Ford Taurus. We decided to take our own Brand New Taurus instead.It will be our 1st major trip with this car..Every one PLEASE drive safe and BE CAREFULLY.
See every one at Bowling Green :D:hug
:crazy:cheers

Last edited:

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I need a little info, I got a confirmation e-mail for NHRA but that's all. Do I need to be there Wed. or is Thursday mid-morning OK? Which days to we get time trials and what time on each day. Any info is more than I got from NHRA..........HELP!:dunno
Time trials are Thursday & Friday just pick up your packet when you get here

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Be safe everyone.
We are Flying out from Sacramento Wednesday Morning. Will be arriving Bowling Green probably late afternoon.

See you all then. :laugh4:drunk

Gav

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Be arriving early Thursday morning. Any of the show/shine guys interested in parking together? If so, I usually try to park in the trees straight back from the starting line. Lots of shade and usually a good breeze. Look for my 64 Biscayne. Gary
GaryIMG_0812.JPG

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Changed some gears for this race :D see U all soon:cool:

Last edited:

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry we're gonna miss those that aren't going to make it...we are leaving today after work, going to try to drive about halfway tonight, then arrive sometime tomorrow morning if all goes well..... Safe travels everyone!
Rick

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Did anyone answer the question, "will there be race fuel sales at the track" ? I have none and the tank is empty!