NHRA Junior Stock

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
The 58 "Chevy a go-go "is a local car to the Pittsburgh area .... he still owns the car and it is going thru a restoration ... The car was always a M/P car usually G/MP .... His name is Ed Matsko ... He definitely was never afraid to wind it up !!!:applHe has a NHRA 69 camaro painted and lettered the

same a the 58 !! I think it runs in the F/MP class in the Super / Stock eliminator :clap:clap

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 58 "Chevy a go-go "is a local car to the Pittsburgh area .... he still owns the car and it is going thru a restoration ... The car was always a M/P car usually G/MP .... His name is Ed Matsko ... He definitely was never afraid to wind it up !!!:applHe has a NHRA 69 camaro painted and lettered the

same a the 58 !! I think it runs in the F/MP class in the Super / Stock eliminator :clap:clap
Great to hear from you Denny, hope all is well:good:bow You know a friend of mine, Wally Clark, he still races NHRA and IHRA Super Stock.

Last edited:

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The Junior Stock Eliminator cars were always great to watch. I remember just how RPM crazy those cars were. We talked about Hands and his 56, it always sounded like “everybody run!” Something’s gonna blow up!!!

I was fortunate to have built several of these cars and shifting at 7500-8000 was not uncommon, it was the fear of touching that clutch that always bothered me. I had a friend blow a clutch without a scatter shield and a piece of the pressure plate came through the bell housing, floor board, thru the radio and made a dent in the center of the dash!!

Anyway, here are a coupe of great cars that were successful small block Junior Stock class cars.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
hmmmmm..... I just went back and looked at Carl's original post. He asked about 348 & 409 Junior stock cars. I guess I :jacked ! My apologies Carl. I'll look through my files for only "W" block cars.

Last edited:

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
These two following pictures were taken by George Cureton. George is well know for his National champion "Tokyo Rose".

Gene Carter's well known B/S car "Thumper"
Gene Carter Thumper.jpg

Joe Gardner's "North Wind". I believe this was after he had Jenkins get into it. The picture is blurry but I think the front fender has "Engine by Bill Jenkins" on it.
Joe Gardner North Wind.jpg

Last edited:

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tony Pizzi at Connecticut Dragway
TonyPizzi_409.jpg

Bill Flynn - Actually a B/FX car which would lead you to believe it has the aluminum front end on it. Does anyone know if the over the counter Z-11 style heads, intake, cam, etc. would have moved it to A/FX?
Bill Flynn_@.jpg

Bob Moore
Bob Moore.jpg

Al Lewis - This picture has been all over the internet. Don't know who the Photographer was it may have been George Cureton but I'm not sure.
Al  Lewis.jpg

Last edited: