Passion Polly: 61 in Erath County Texas

Shaark92

Well Known Member
thanks y'all. I'm real happy with the look.

Now to mudhole the mechanical/electrical gremlins.

This past Sunday, Polly laid-down on the way home from a Sonic run (no, we didn't eat in the car, take-out). fuel tank fuel pump quit. I was about ready to dial Ecklers when I remembered that back in October, during the recovery of Polly at the first interior shop ... 25 volts for a few seconds as the interior shop guys sought to "help" jump start Polly.

Sigh.

The gift that keeps on giving. So we've now replaced the new optima battery, the new alternator and now the new in-tank fuel pump. now I'm concerned about the Sniper computer and the Dakota Digital.

Also ... any assistance/reference/recc is welcome here. Polly sits too low and the RideTech rear springs are too weak. basically empty and she bottoms-out on light wrinkles in the roadway. Despite my crawling over the school's speed bump at a 45 degree angle, still drug the back end. No Bueno. So I've reached out to RideTech for a recc ... but clearly a heavier (& slightlly taller?) spring is necessary.

Now: 255/60r15
OEM spindles (not 2" drop)
IMG_2670.jpeg

and Then: p235/70r14

IMG_20180123_0037.jpeg
and yeah, I was all that and a bag of chips! LOL standby for this one to be recreated late April/early May.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
thanks y'all. I'm real happy with the look.

Now to mudhole the mechanical/electrical gremlins.

This past Sunday, Polly laid-down on the way home from a Sonic run (no, we didn't eat in the car, take-out). fuel tank fuel pump quit. I was about ready to dial Ecklers when I remembered that back in October, during the recovery of Polly at the first interior shop ... 25 volts for a few seconds as the interior shop guys sought to "help" jump start Polly.

Sigh.

The gift that keeps on giving. So we've now replaced the new optima battery, the new alternator and now the new in-tank fuel pump. now I'm concerned about the Sniper computer and the Dakota Digital.

Also ... any assistance/reference/recc is welcome here. Polly sits too low and the RideTech rear springs are too weak. basically empty and she bottoms-out on light wrinkles in the roadway. Despite my crawling over the school's speed bump at a 45 degree angle, still drug the back end. No Bueno. So I've reached out to RideTech for a recc ... but clearly a heavier (& slightlly taller?) spring is necessary.

Now: 255/60r15
OEM spindles (not 2" drop)
View attachment 92782

and Then: p235/70r14

View attachment 92783
and yeah, I was all that and a bag of chips! LOL standby for this one to be recreated late April/early May.
Don't you miss those sexy mirrors?

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Contacted RideTech, he reminded me how to adjust the flow on the shock (bought the full coil over kit in the summer of '18, so I had slept since then) and that the coil overs on the front can be height adjusted. So that should help on the "bottoming-out" problem. Ride height on the back? IDK. I may be changing the rear suspension.

Shaark92

Well Known Member
an update to Polly's status.

After the wedding, she returned to the resto shop for finish out. I had her entered into the Texas Corvette Association's open show in Boerne back in mid April. It was raining. I was hell bent for leather ... and really should have just loaded her in the enclosed car hauler!

But ... about 40 miles south of Hamilton on that Friday ... she laid down AGAIN. Just north of Lampasas. The shop guys scrambled and got her back to the shop. Me and the missus were two shipping. her in her '71 number's match Vette ("Victoria") So, we transferred what we could out of Polly into Victoria and pressed on.

A hotrod mechanic in Hamilton took her. Ordered the full sniper ignition system and a single plane intake manifold; Edelbrock's "torker 2" ... this fella was supposed to be done with her last week and now back at Armadillo for clean up ... and muffler change. The Cherry Bomb "salutes" were too loud. I bought/received Cherry Bomb glass packs ... long ones, about 20" IIRC. So hopefully she'll have that familiar sound which is throaty but not obnoxiously loud. The salutes sounded like an M60 being fired.

I'm off work this week and have offered to do lots of local area driving. So @W Head hopefully you'll see Polly running between Gatesville and Goldthwaite ... Hico & Lampasas. I intend to run a couple tanks of fuel through her.

Also have purchased slightly taller/heavier rear springs than what was in the ridetech kit. They didn't have coil-overs in the kit 3 years ago. need a little more height and stiffness. Those should arrive next week.