Poor boys 409 project

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:rubAnother good thing about 4 door cars,if your fast enough to need a roll bar,you can install it,and still use the back seat of the car for hauling friends,or things around.Try that,comfortabily with a 2 door! :deal

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had to watch the video 2x to even realize that it was a 4 door hardtop car. Are the back doors sealed up....or just the handles shaved? I can't see an opening body line around the rear door, but it's probably just me.
BTW....Ronnie....don't you know that you would have gotten at least 25 MORE horsepower if you'd put the K&N stickers on it?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
DSCF0611_zpsb058874a.jpg

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!
Would rather have that than a 2 door hardtop 62. Roofline is very close to the same.
I like 61 4 door hardtops alright, but wish they could have put the bubbletop on the 4 door hardtops for 61. LOL

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Ronnie, I have always had a soft spot for the 4 door HT cars. Seldom see them around. Gorgeous car. BTW, how are you posting your pics? I used to be able to do it on Photobucket but can't get'r done anymore since they changed the format. Leo

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Ronnie , very nice car . other's have mentioned also about the rear door's, I have stopped video several time's , it look's like rear door's are filled in , and no gap in trim, and handle's are gone of course , or am i not seeing the door gap's?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You guys are very kind, however, the car was a total rust bucket. Severe body damage everywhere. I repaired the car with 100% body filler. Many gallons. Not one piece of sheet metal replaced. I disclosed this fact when I sold the car on e-bay. Of course the car sold cheap because of that. The car did look quite good, if I do say so myself. It started out as a rolling engine stand for my engine but then got out of control. The reason it is hard to see rear door gaps is that I spent a lot of time extending quarter openings to make the door gaps tiny. The car sold for $5,000 with a 283 in it. Now resides in New Jersey. The guy that bought it is not a "car guy", but wanted something to drive on weekends without spending a lot of money. I think it worked out well for the buyer and me. Leo, photobucket------click on a picture in your library,,,, you will get a large picture now,,, simply right click on picture to copy..... go to the thread you wish to post pic. ,,, right click,, click paste. I'm sure there is a more proper way to do it but I'm computer ignorant so I keep clicking on things til I find a way to get it done.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'd have rocked that car all over the place for five grand. Sometimes a patched up but pretty car like that is more fun since you don't have a ton of money in it.....and it won't break your heart if something happens to it. Would be nice to drive for a few years while you kept an eye out for a nicer body to swap the parts to.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Sold the truck last week for $800. Dude used a burly '61 K20 with a 454 to drag it home:cool: Just got the Bel Air back from the paint shop today, resprayed in the original Adobe Beige.
002_zps19041a5e.jpg

004_zps0ffb0aa6.jpg

012_zps5cbca7ae.jpg

010_zps25ba3d83.jpg

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Was going to say how RIGHT that old truck looked being pulled by the other one.....then scrolled on down to see your car pulled by a nice match too. Both look awesome that way. Hopefully I can get the Parkwood in decent shape to tow the Bel Air one day.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Car looks great :beerand it looks like the truck went to a good home.
Good deal for everybody! :beer

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A little bit of detailing and some trim and she is going to be the talk of the town...:deal Great job...:clap

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Thanks for the words guys:) Always appreciated. Gotta sand some orange peel and buff it in the next few days. Next update will be trim and bumpers....I hope. Thanks again, Kev