Quit Smoking

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Camels used to be 23 cents a pack and they put 2 cents in the cellophane wrapper for your change.

When I was in high school, Camels weren't worth much of anything. I got tired of everyone bumming smokes every day so I carried a pack of Camels in my breast pocket and my Marlboros in my pants pocket. Whenever someone asked to bum a smoke I pulled the pack of Camels and they couldn't say "no thanks" fast enough:roll
Quit smoking after I got out of the military, best thing I ever did in my life.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I had to quit the Camels when I landed in Nam, to Much humidity or dust or both. Switched to Marlboros in 1970.

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
I remember $0.17 per pack. In the early 60s when I worked in a grocery store after school.

I quit smoking Sept. 17/18, 2004. The night I went in the hospital with pulmonary embolisms (sounds harsher than blood clots, eh?) in both lungs. Still have the part pack I was smoking then...just in case! :) Haven't smoked since then but I will admit to standing down wind once in a while.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I remember $0.17 per pack. In the early 60s when I worked in a grocery store after school.

I quit smoking Sept. 17/18, 2004. The night I went in the hospital with pulmonary embolisms (sounds harsher than blood clots, eh?) in both lungs. Still have the part pack I was smoking then...just in case! :) Haven't smoked since then but I will admit to standing down wind once in a while.

Congratulations on quitting! I am struggling with the smoking demon myself. Seems like I can get by without the smokes pretty good until it gets to be cocktail hour, then it is tough. Cannot use Chantix as I have a CDL so cheating with a little chew. I know that is not the answer but after 35 years of smoking I hope to still be able to breathe by the time my lips fall off from the Skoal.