Rocker arm comparison

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I have Comps SS on my E heads not problems,even swapped 1.8s in place of the 1.7s on the dyno. Maybe they changed the trunnions or the E hedas have a different spacing. I know the Pontiac E heads exhaust valve moved over about 0.050.

I have HS on a lot of my Pontiac motors with good luck. Got a "deal" on a Crower SS shaft system for a Pontiac that I basically had to re engineer for them stands, rocker cup offsets were all wrong. Then adjusting stand height then pushrid length you have even more variables.

427John

Well Known Member
I distinctly remember Ronnie telling me that when using big block length valves correct geometry becomes a real PITA.Sounds like what you're running into here.
I've been watching this post and remembering other threads that had stated pretty much what Don said.As a matter of I once posted a question about using BBC valves to increase spring installed height,and was advised to avoid them due to problematic geometry.

63409impala

Well Known Member
I've been watching this post and remembering other threads that had stated pretty much what Don said.As a matter of I once posted a question about using BBC valves to increase spring installed height,and was advised to avoid them due to problematic geometry.
Wonderful. Lol

Reactions: Tim

63409impala

Well Known Member
Ok. Here is what I have so far. Intake pushrod is 8.900. Exhaust is 9.100. Not sure which way to go on exhaust. This is with 1.7 harland sharp rockers

Attachments

• 20210410_203857.jpg
    20210410_203857.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210410_203643.jpg
    20210410_203643.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 35

63409impala

Well Known Member
Ok. Thats where the fun begins. The longer it gets, the more the pattern goes towards the edge of the valve tip. The first pic is the exhaust and 2nd pic is intake.

Reactions: Tim