Ronnie Russell

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It deeply saddens me to say but Ronnie passed away around 8:00 AM this morning. Not even myself expected this so soon. Ronnie fought hard to beat this. We raced, played golf, and fished together for many years with few arguments. I couldn't have had a better partner in our race cars. I like every one here on the forum will miss his wit, wisdom, and knowledge of motors. Barry

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Not unexpected, but I'm going to truly miss my friend. Ronnie built my race motor and then when a crank bearing spun he and Virginia flew up to our house in Oberlin and we rebuilt the motor. He and Virginia also also stayed with us for the Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk. I don't know if there is drag racing in Heaven, but, I'm sure there is going to be some bench racing. See you again someday Ronnie.

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I bought my 62 from Tom Monroe he told me that Ronnie had built the motor. I knew little about a 409 but Ronnie was free with his knowledge. I meant him for the first time in Kansas and then again at Bowling Green last year. Ronnie was a wonderful person and I will miss him.