Ronnie Russell

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I sent an email just last night to Ronnie expecting his wife to pick it up. I knew from talking with Ronnie two weeks ago that things were not going his way. He did fight to the end and had hope that he would go into remission. I am good friends with Ronnie and stayed at his home a few years ago. I now know that Fred Totten, Bill, "Nutts" and Ronnie are now shoulder to shoulder watching what we do and probably bench racing right now. The number of members Ronnie gave advice to and helped on this site are many. He inspired me to try and be a better person by example. I know I will be thinking of him often. Goodby Ronnie old friend, until we meet again.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
May the thought of Ronnie being at peace with no pain with the Heavenly Father..... ease the loss and suffering of his friends and loved ones........ I personally did not know Ronnie but I know how highly he is regarded here amongst this family of four o Niners ......I personally have waited for his comments on threads when issues were being debated or discussed to hear Ronnie's take or his wisdom of whatever the topic was....... everyone here knew the merit of Ronnie's advice ....... I could only hope to be regarded in any facet of my life as Ronnie was by his online family .......

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I sent an email just last night to Ronnie expecting his wife to pick it up. I knew from talking with Ronnie two weeks ago that things were not going his way. He did fight to the end and had hope that he would go into remission. I am good friends with Ronnie and stayed at his home a few years ago. I now know that Fred Totten, Bill, "Nutts" and Ronnie are now shoulder to shoulder watching what we do and probably bench racing right now. The number of members Ronnie gave advice to and helped on this site are many. He inspired me to try and be a better person by example. I know I will be thinking of him often. Goodby Ronnie old friend, until we meet again.
I'll bet Clyde Waldo, and Mike Bell will be in that bench race session. RIP all.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
A sad day indeed !
I never had the pleasure of meeting Ronnie, but always read all his posts. He was the guy everyone looked up to. We all know he is in a better place now and free from all the pain of that dreadful disease. R.I.P. Ronnie..................................................