Ronnie Russell

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Our Condolences to the family may God Bless them and Ronnie May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind be always at your back, May the sunshine warm your face and until we meet May God hold in the palm of His hand.

I've always enjoyed watching Ronnie's Youtube 409 start up's and breakin's just type in Ronnie Russell 409 and theycome up in series.

Happy Motoring my friend in Heaven Land!!!!!!!!! and here's too you :drinking

Ted

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Ronnie's cancer was caused from smoking as his doctor told him ,he knew it he admitted it it ,he said he payed the price as he said in his post's. I see ads on tv were people have hole's in their throat's to say quit smoking and other people that made the ad's and that are now gone. I had a neighbor lady that smoked all her life and retired at 66 and did not make it to 70 year's old . Shortly after she retired she was on oxygen and very bad health with breathing problem's. I smoked briefly when i was in the service ,maybe two month's at the most ,and decided t that was not good. Every one of my relation that smoked has some kind of problem ,so i know it is a factor. My advice,,,,, throw the damn cigarette's away!!!!!!! :mad

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Several weeks ago, Ronnie ask me to come up to his place, he had ask me to load up a lot of car parts and sale for him and send the $$ to Virginia. So that is what I have been doing. The items sold on this site is Ronnie's. Some large items, that are hard to ship, I am taking to the Pate Swap Meet next month and all the $$ goes to Virginia. I am so sorry this has happened, did not expect this so soon. Ronnie was a dear friend and I will miss him every day.
Barry Please advise when Ronnie's service will take place. RIP Ronnie and God bless Virginia and all the family.:pray:pray

W Head

59 impala 409-2,4s

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Several weeks ago, Ronnie ask me to come up to his place, he had ask me to load up a lot of car parts and sale for him and send the $$ to Virginia. So that is what I have been doing. The items sold on this site is Ronnie's. Some large items, that are hard to ship, I am taking to the Pate Swap Meet next month and all the $$ goes to Virginia. I am so sorry this has happened, did not expect this so soon. Ronnie was a dear friend and I will miss him every day.
Barry Please advise when Ronnie's service will take place. RIP Ronnie and God bless Virginia and all the family.:pray:pray

W Head

59 impala 409-2,4s
Good for you... If I were were close to you I would volunteer to help you load part's or what ever needed.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I actually visited with Virginia more at the great bend convention and not Ronnie as he scurrying around to get the Brian Thompson tribute car ready to run .We talked about Brian and how they were great friend's.I did not want to bother Ronnie too much ,but I did sign the door panel and briefly told him I sent him the outside rear view mirror and the 327 flag's for the fender's. He thanked me ,so then i visited with Virginia told me that she and Ronnie drove all over Texas to find the 409 highway marker for his avatar one day.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm at a loss for words. So many beautiful words have been posted from Ronnie's friends here. He let us know this day was coming.
Ronnie was a Man's Man. He was a friend to all and went out of his way to help anyone. He was a true Gentle Man.
We know in our hearts that Ronnie is not in pain now and in a much better place. He is now with past family and friends.
I appreciate the honor of considering Ronnie a friend.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
ery SAD news !~ My baby brother just passed recently of cancer of the throat. They put in a feeding tube to help him eat and he had a heart attack a few days later. I smoked for 37 years and quit "COLD TURKEY " back in 1990. I got Bladder cancer about a year ago and my last pet scan revealed I am now happily CANCER FREE" In a few weeks I go back for a outpatient procedure for isible nodules to be checked and remoed before they become cancerous. Our prayers go out to Ronni e and his family
May he rest in peace!!:pray
:crazy:cheers

Last edited: