so much for the intakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Sounds like another John Delorean story, or a repeat of the early Nascar days with Moonshine drivers and hot rods.

. Actually, the first time I heard about cutting down 427 BBC pistons to use for a Stroker 348 was from Aubrey. I spoke with him a little but was always a little short on the responses. I was very suprised to not see him at Phils 348 409 convention given his association with the W cars.It was a red flag to me.
I read most of his posts.

Drugs are garbage.

I had to edit this post because im disgusted. Most of the muscle car hobby is full of great people.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't know Aubrey personally, but from his participation on this forum, he seemed like a good guy and I hope he is able to get his life back in order when he satisfies his obligation to society. Too bad he didn't consider his obligation to his family to be foremost...or maybe he thought he was.:dunno
Having said that, I spent the better part of my military career chasing drug smugglers (and actually helped catch a few) and have no sympathy for anyone who deals or uses. Most people in this country who use consider themselves only as occasional or casual recreational users and therefore not ppart of the problem. Anyone who uses illegal drugs in any form supports organized crime, the drug dealers, the drug cartels, the Taliban and Al Queida and is an enemy to this country. If there were no users,recreational or otherwise, there would be no market and the suppliers would have to seek another line of work. I'm sick of the "wink, wink" attitude of Hollywood and the media who treat recreational drug use in this country as a minor issue. That attitude has ruined many lives of those who believed that it was just a little fun and didn't really hurt anyone. Hard core users are pretty easy to identify, isolate and treat, but the so-called casual or recreational users are the major market for the drug cartels.
I had enough problems with my own sons, and nearly lost my retirement. If for any reason, I am involved in a felony, inlcluding finding even the smallest amount of narcotic residue in the carpet in my house (as in my son bringing some marijuana home) or in my vehicle, I will loose my military retirement, which is what I earned for over 23 year of my life and what I live on.
As far as I'm concerned, if there is a "war on drugs" then anyone who deals or uses is the enemy and is a traitor. Anyone who avoids any experimentation is usually considered a social outcast these days, but have the advantage of a clear mind, a clear conscience, and a clean record. Anyone who recognizes their own weaknesses and shortcomings and takes action to return to responsible adulthood, is of strong character and worthy of praise and support.
Sorry, but I feel pretty strongly about this issue.
Rant off.:coffee:

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't know Aubrey personally, but from his participation on this forum, he seemed like a good guy

It was like he was living two different lives....... on here he was a good guy to most.
........ But the other life wasn't so good.

Dave

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well said, Cecil. I had a few dealings with Aubrey and never had a problem, even spoke to him on the phone once or twice. He always did exactly what he proposed to do when it came to my orders, that's all I can say. I've never had an issue with anyone on this site, but ...

it just goes to show that the Internet is not really a replacement for face-to-face interaction; I am looking forward to meeting more folks after I retire and can get out a bit more.

lnirenberg

Supporting Member 1
I'm relatively new to the forums and 409s but I think more members need to post when they have problems with people/vendors on the site. Info re.: character post incarceration doesn't do me a lot of good as I am out $$ and parts. I talked to Aubrey many long hours on the phone and he certainly was knowledgeable and seemed a nice guy. His association with the forum and the seeming esteem he was held in by members gave him credibility at least for me. It is not good for our hobby in general and for the forum specifically when people don't put out the word in this case even info on his turned around time would have given me pause.

I talked to his wife on Monday as she sent me an email and she told me he will be on work release after 6 months, I assume contingent on all going well. This is the 1st time I have ever been burned on any cars or parts and I have to assume (given no other options) that Aubrey is going to man up when he gets out and settle what needs to be settled.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Larry, I do suffer guilt feelings for not saying something about this a long time ago, but through the years I had differences of opinions with Aubrey on this forum and felt most would think I had a vendetta against him. That was not the case but I was concerned about it even though I shouldn' t have been. If this had been made public sooner, then you and SSpev and I'm sure others would not have lost money. Aubrey's posts and his web-site fooled a lot of people. boxerdog is one of the few that I know of that had a positive result from dealing with Aubrey. I think what shocked us the most was how someone who was screwing so many could make posts as if nothing was going on. Maybe you are right and after Aubrey gets out he may make things right to some, but there is nothing he can do about the person fatride cited. There are 2 issues here, 1. knowingly cheating people out of money 2. Dealing with illegal drugs...... Add them up and you have a big loser. I don't wish him well,, I don't wish him more trouble. He made his bed, now he has to lay in it. We all owe petepedlar thanks for the original post. He had the nerve,,, I did not.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Close knit

We seem to be a reasonably small and very close knit group of enthusiasts. For that reason sometimes the wrong doesn't always come right to the surface. Natural tendency must be denial, or to behave as if something didn't happen to one of us. Now that it has, it either gets righted (man up) or things deteriorate even further for that person inflicting the wrong. No use bashing after the fact. But I do respect each of your opinions in the subject, it's what gives us our individual "character". In each of our posts, we learn a little more about each other.

I guess I am in the minority in that given the two transactions I've had with Aubrey they both turned out OK. But then I was simply purchasing pistons he had in stock, not ordering new parts or paying in advance for services not rendered...

I'm always in support of the underdog, and I hope things turn out well for those of us who have invested our parts and dollars with Aubrey. We shall see what character he has when he returns, if that be the case.

Best,
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
WOW!!!!

Sorry to hear about this. Aubrey told me his story back in 2005 after everything came down originally but explained everything away. Then in 2007, Candy & I stopped by Aubrey's on one of our mtotrcycle trips. He showed us around his shop and we had a great dinner together. At dinner, I asked if everything about his reputation had been cleared up and he said he was still working on it. But he assured me that everything was going to be all right because it was all his brother's doing. In fact, we just got back from Alaska 2 days ago and I took both of Aubrey's phone numbers with me as I was going to call him as we went past Calgary but I never had the time to spare. Might not have gotten thru or maybe I might have gotten on someone's government watch list.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefull he can get his life straight.

Bob...........very personal and heartfelt story you posted. Best wishes and I know you never "recover" but I resepct you for the choices you made!!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok,, I guess I have to step up and say a few things in Aubrey’s defense.
(please no back and forth bashing over this)
I`m mad as hel* over this so this will not be my best writing ! Not at any of you, just the situation itself.

I have been to Aubrey’s home and shop, met his family and talked to him on the phone many a times and I can say that he is NOT getting a fair shake here.
You have accused Aubrey of being a drug user and dealer without any true knowledge of him and without letting him defend himself.
Is that fair or right? Would you want this talk to be about you?

As far as I know about the man , he doesn’t use drugs and never has.
Is he naïve about drugs? I would say yes. A BIG yes !

Anyone who knows the history between Aubrey and his brother Rodger knows how Rodger felt about Aubrey.
I’m not going into that because that is between them and a few that know the details.

I believe that Aubrey was used by his brother Rodger and now that Rodger has passed Aubrey has been stuck with what his brother brought down on him.
His brother Rodger, a millionair, ran a multi-million dollar gym corporation with many locations through out the USA and Canada and also was in the business of making and selling health mixes as in body building supplements that any smart person here should know that a lot of those supplement use ephedrine in them.

Did Aubrey know Rodger was using the ephedrine for other things other then the supplements? No one here knows that.
But you all seem to hanging Aubrey out to dry as if you know all the details.
I for one don`t, but I do know a fair amount more then most here about this and I will give Aubrey the benefit of doubt !!!

I believe that Aubrey just saw a chance to make a few dollars in what he thought was a legal deal. To store and ship what he though was just a supplement his brother needed.

As far as what they quoted as having him say in a wiretap, was it out of context?
Come on,,, anyone who has been to court knows the police bend every little detail to fit what they want !!

Aubrey is a fighter when it comes to courtroom fights! I know because I`ve talked to him about this many times.
I believe he is just like a lot of us are. Too broke money wise to fight a winning battle!
We non rich folk sometimes just have to take it to the chin and hope for a short sentence.

What I do know is that Aubrey is a very hard working man with a ton of dreams. Dreams that most of us would never even think about trying.
Dismissing them as too hard or where do I start? Or man, I’m just the little guy and this dream is just too big.

Not Aubrey !!! No sir !!!

He was passionate about what he did. EVERYTHING HE DID !!! He threw himself and everything he had into making his dreams come true!!!

And I believe in my heart that also was a problem when it came to making ends meet.
I believe he is an honest man that sometimes tried too hard at making his dreams come true and it bit him sometimes.
I believe the problems some of you had with getting your parts or cars done was due to Aubrey trying to do too much with too little and he got caught trying to catch up.

I also believe he never intentionally burned anyone as I`m sure it lays heavily on him.

Give the poor guy the benefit of doubt and hope Aubrey makes it through this and can get back to making his dreams come true.

Take care Aubrey !!!
My thoughts are with you and your family my friend,,, Jim M (dq)

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Well said Jim!!!

I have remained quiet on this. I have also talked to Aubrey many times on the above. I agree with Jim on all the above.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim, I am not interested in bashing Aubrey. I have given my opinion and that is the way I feel. However, to be accurate, after re-reading the posts, I can find no mention from anyone accusing Aubrey of using drugs. That thought never entered my mind. Aubrey is a likable sort with a great sense of humor. I enjoyed some of his posts a great deal. Great knowledge of the 348-409 engines. I can give him the benefit of the doubt about the drug deal, , newspaper articles can be slanted. But not the business dealings I know of. Maybe he can rectify some of the hard feelings when he gets out, I don't know. I don't feel that I have thrown Aubrey under the bus. In my opinion, he did that himself. We are all responsible for our actions. Maybe after he pays his debt to society he can rebuild his business and have a brighter future. We will see. But again, nobody has accused Aubrey of using drugs.

lnirenberg

Supporting Member 1
I agree with Jim on 2 accounts based on personal experience. What you read in a newspaper is all about the competitive business of selling news and whatever slant will sell more newspapers gets the nod. Secondly, at least in the US, court battles are a rich man's game and we all clearly know that Aubrey does not fit that profile so he took the best deal he could afford.

After talking to his wife I think his mistake was not asking questions, which likely makes him human. When times are tough there are few of us that wouldn't do what had to be done to provide for and protect our family including turning a blind eye. He never struck me as greedy and if he was it clearly wasn't a successful life strategy in his case. These opinions are based on about 1/2 a dozen phone calls and a slew of emails admittedly a limited sample, although in my experience an average phone call with Aubrey was at least 30 minutes and only a portion of this was car related.

In the end, my judgment of him is personal based on being out parts and money. I consider myself lucky in that I have the resources to finish up my project through other sources. I will withhold any judgment on Aubrey until I talk to him and he tells me how he will make things right.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I too have been holding out here and am very upset with the news of the last few weeks.

My dealings with Aubrey have all been positive. In most cases I dealt with him personally over the phone or via email. He was very helpful in his advise and always got back to me. He did mention this incident to me at one point but, I do not know any of the details. I know there has been talk of others that have not had such a positive outcome in their dealings with Aubrey. Again I have no details of those transactions. All I can say there is Aubrey I hope you man up and make things square if there is unfinished business. I believe that law enforcement is corrupt and, quoting Dudley Do Right a RCMP "they will do what ever it takes to get their man". Unless we all know the details of the case I don't think it is fair to post negative comments. I think it is human nature to focus on the negative and try and find the bad in an individual. Just read the newspaper or watch the news. That is what sells. I do believe there is a money issue that directly affected Aubreys plea. That said, I once again am going to have to agree with dq here....:bang:bang:bang

Aubrey, I wish the best for you and your family and hope you can get things back on track. Dan

backn62

Supporting Member 1
I Too Thought Many Times About Warning Other Members About Aubrey's Business Practices But Bit My Tongue. I Bought A Cam Lifters And Pistons From Aubrey And Never Got Them. He Told Me I Would Get My Money Back. This Went On For A Year And A Half (many Conversations)... Always A Lie. In The End I Wrote A Letter To The Attorney General, They Contacted Ross Pistons Because That Is Where I Sent My Money Order To. In The End Ross Refunded My Entire 1243.00. I Spent A Lot Of Time And Energy To Accomplish This And Ended Right Where I Started A Year And A Half Earlier. If Someone Considers This Throwing Aubrey Under The Bus So Be It, I Consider It A Warning To All Who Are Thinking Of Doing Business With Him.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm wondering if he may also face charges in the USA. Many other defendents are being tried here. I saw one warrant for a defendent in the USA that also listed the Bruneau's names. Many of his deliveries were in the USA.
This was a huge multi-task force endeavor over a period of a few years. Apparently many white supremacy biker gangs are involed.

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm with DQ on this whole deal. I do not know enough about it to make any defamatory statements about Aubrey.

My history with buying from him has been nothing but A++. Never a problem and products spot on what they were advertised to be. The same can be said with all of the individuals on 348-409.com I have personally had dealings with.

Everybody deserves the right to redeem him self including Aubrey.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.