Something extra!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I've been thinking about a little something to make things a little special for Sat, or Sunday at the track for the 348/409 people. How would the guys and gals that will be attending feel about me putting out feelers for someone to come in and cater lunch and maybe a little wine and cheese thingy? I would have to have the interested members prepay. Let me know if this would be palatable and I will ask around.

Regards, Ray
Fathead racing.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Ray, I think that's a great idea....... we need something like that where we are all at the same place at the same time...... it's hard to meet everyone when everyone is back and forth from the pits to the track.

Dave

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I'm with Dave! Last year I didn't get to meet and know as many people as I would like to have. Sounds like a great way to do that!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Alright, I have talked with a local business and they can supply us with some quality deli type sandwiches, fruit cups and sides, no McFood here, this is a first class deli operation cleared by the Fathead himself! This will be a grab on the fly deli sandwich and sides deal for the race crowd and spectators. Just a nice break for the hectic race schedule. Set in a café type setting at the Fathead camper resort. Let me know if this is something you all want and I can make it happen. I know some award winning local wine producers here also and will see if I can add some wine to the menu.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Maybe the winery would like to promote local product by some free bottles with potential to buy if it passes our taste buds!!

Kevin Quik9r

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray, if at all possible you need to open the resort at a time when the racing isn't going on..... maybe Friday night or Saturday night....... Sunday there will be the early leavers so we need to do it at a time when everyone can spend an hour or two wearing hip waders.
................ I'll volunteer my brother and I for any set up you need help with.
Dave

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray, if at all possible you need to open the resort at a time when the racing isn't going on..... maybe Friday night or Saturday night....... Sunday there will be the early leavers so we need to do it at a time when everyone can spend an hour or two wearing hip waders.
................ I'll volunteer my brother and I for any set up you need help with.
Dave

Jeeze, that's a good idea Dave. For instance, I could have ran in the 11's last year but my slicks ( I found out later) were made in China!

PS. The first setup I need is for me and my Brother, we would like two mixed drinks and a soft place to land!

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Fathead Deli

Ray, count me in. :beerbang Let me know what the cost will be and I will send money.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'll need at least 50 sign ups for this to make it worth the vender's time! If this gets traction I'll get a menu and price per plate. I'm going to try and get "Man sandwiches" you know some really heavy duty bread like sub buns, something substantial with a good crust, good meat no Bologna, first class stuff. Sides will be something special not just the same ole chips or such. I'll try and make it a grab and run thing so you don't have to do a juggling act, you know where you have to balance a plate on your knee. I know I like to be on the move when in the middle of a race day. I think it will beat the greasy hamburger hot dog and fries thing. Like Dick said, It'll give everybody a chance to meet in one place for a few minutes.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray, how about if you just get trays of sandwiches, fruit, veggies, & desert...... couple of coolers full of cold drinks........ that's usually the cheapest way to go and we could pick them up from the vendor ourselves...... I'm sure the guy could do it that way or there is probably a Safeway or something in Thompson that could supply.

Whatever you decide put me down for two.
Dave

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ray I think thats a real good idea- it will give everyone time to meet and like you said"be in one place at the same time." Please remind me to pack my waders-I'm sure the B.S. will be at least knee deep!!!!!!! Add my wife and I to your list and let me know if you need a hand with anything. Mike

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
For instance, I could have ran in the 11's last year but my slicks ( I found out later) were made in China!

hey ray,,, I think that has something to do with the formula about each 50 lbs loss= .10 of a second !!!:eek:

I for one plan on lossing 50 lbs by June to get into the 11's!!!!
My best time is 12.3 so it will be close!!!

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Chinese Drag slicks? What has the world come to? Please let me and others know what brand this was so I can never buy them again. Thanks.

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray:
I think Daves idea of bringing the trays from the caterer in and then looking after dishing it out ourselves might be the best. Bringing in an outside vendor might not go over well with the track and there might be licensing issues with the wine. If it is all done by ourselves at say your camper then there should be no issue and we can set the time after we know the race schedule. :dunno Jim.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
All good ideas, I'll see what I can do, if the guy I have in mind is competitive with the likes of Subway. I want to give business to a local if possible. I know Subway makes a really good sandwich, $5.00 foot long. I think if my guy can come close to that I think his sandwiches will be better. We could end up with as many as 100 subs. I'll see if for the money he can deliver to the gate and we can pick them up. If not I guess we could take Tom Ks car and go for a food run :cool:

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The china slicks we had were goodyear. Tried for 24 passes before bracket finals. Threw them away at finals and bought hoosiers. No more problems. Goodyear has since brought production back to USA. Never left hoosiers to try goods again.:dunno Dad and I plan to be there put us down for BS session and cost.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Jeeze, that's a good idea Dave. For instance, I could have ran in the 11's last year but my slicks ( I found out later) were made in China!

PS. The first setup I need is for me and my Brother, we would like two mixed drinks and a soft place to land!

I was only jokeing about my slicks being made in China, I had no Idea they even made slicks in China. :dunno

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ray: My Goodyear trailer radials are made in China so why couldn't your slicks be made there also.
I have talked to Ann about your idea so count us in. It will give me time to reprogram the steak house on my GPS for next year so Ray doesn't give me a fit!!
Great idea:cheers
robert

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Robert, if Ray was in that big of a hurry you could have let him out at the corner and he could have called a cab............ He doesn't look like he fading away from lack of food now does he ???? :roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

Dave