The bead roller of awesomeness!

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Here is a top secret tip for you Bob. Put a pin or a hole for a pin in the center of your "table" aligned with the rollers. I use a 1/4" or 5/16"(can't remember at this moment). Put a hole the same size in the center of a piece of sheet metal. Put it on the pin and you can run a bead in a perfect circle. With the set up you just added, you can adjust your circle diameters as needed. I can post a picture of my fixture if you'd like.

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks Jim. I like pictures! I'm pretty sure the table idea came to me when thinking of spinning a circle. I was wanting to try making an air cleaner bottom with a turned up lip around it. (like the chrome open element type everyone and their sister makes) :D

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
20170419_095918.jpg 20170419_102211.jpg This certainly isn't up to satandards of your beautiful bead roller Bob, but here are a couple of pictures of my circle jig. Been working great for me for over 10 years. Oh, by the way, none of my sister's make air cleaners.:laugh2

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You'll get alot of distortion rolling a circle. It's usually not a problem for me as I use an English wheel afterwards.