The Bookends Project

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Noticed paint was looking odd - determined lacquer primer had been used after some turd knocked a big chip off. Had to make the decision to strip it all off. At same time improved areas found needing repair. Gads. $$$ killer but she is now looking sweet. Almost ready to roll after 4 years. New paint photos have some dust on them but the lines are sweet.
What color is that? Looks similar to 2008 Honda Accord Belize blue pearl. Like this 61' I'm working on. 20210328_173806.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Close - not Honda but Toyota then some violet, some pearl and some other secret stuff.
I noticed the other day my wife's nail polish is nearly identical to the 61' Conv too. I had to go grab my touch up paint and put it on a sample board next to hers. Almost close enough that I could use it and few people would catch that its not the same. Always good to have another source for touch up paint. :D

Richard Fox

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
She runs and she runs hot and straight. Last Friday night I rolled her on the staging line for Hot August Nights drags in Sparks/Reno, Nevada where I live. It was time to have her cherry popped. With the header dump switched and puckered rear end I ripped a burn out that surprised even me and the crowd loved hearing a 409 opened up. 1/8 mile track but their computers were wacky so no time slips. Guys - for a 70 year old seeing a 5+ year build come together and nothing went wrong was a feeling hard to describe. Some old timer racers in the pits came over after my first run, looked in the engine bay, nodded and one said "Not bad for a rookie". I was 2-0 and then the other drivers brought out the big guns and spanked me. The wife was watching in the stands and sent me a text 'Go Faster'.

track.jpg

Last edited: