The Culinary

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Have to stir the coals and ask, why do you guys want to eat all that weird off the wall stuff, when there is plenty of beef, pork. poultry, etc., Carmine.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Have to stir the coals and ask, why do you guys want to eat all that weird off the wall stuff, when there is plenty of beef, pork. poultry, etc., Carmine.

I like fresh stuff Carmine, no preservatives. At a party at a friend's place one night. This little 8 year old girl comes up and wants to know if I would like to see her little frog. I said yes, and threw it down the hatch. She wanted it back and I felt kind of bad when I told her it was gone......:winner

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
QUOTE="oldskydog, post: 426514, member: 746"]bragging rights.

Visit a so called meat market in various third world countries to really get your appetite going.[/QUOTE]
Yes Cecil, I've seem video's and documentaries on cleanliness and sanitary conditions in other countries when they process not only meat, but other food items also. There aren't any regulations at all. It's a free for all in some places. I'm surprised there aren't more sickness and death. It's really bad, Carmine.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I once was in a restaurant in Colorado and their appetizer was snake. I was the only one out of four of us that did not eat it . I hate snakes, damn sure ain't eating one. I hear snapping turtle is good too ,not me!!!

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have heard people pick up road kill if it's fresh!!!:fear2:yikes
On another site that I visit, there is a member who does just that; eats fresh road kill no matter what it is. He also pulls his teeth out with pliers. I don't think I learned very much from reading his threads. maybe what not to do, Carmine.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
On another site that I visit, there is a member who does just that; eats fresh road kill no matter what it is. He also pulls his teeth out with pliers. I don't think I learned very much from reading his threads. maybe what not to do, Carmine.
Don't try that at home Carmine!!:D

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Jezz , what website is that???

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I once was in a restaurant in Colorado and their appetizer was snake. I was the only one out of four of us that did not eat it . I hate snakes, damn sure ain't eating one. I hear snapping turtle is good too ,not me!!!

I used to trap snapping turtles. I always heard there is 7 different flavors of meat in a turtle. They all tasted like turtle to me...Damn good eating. Roll in flour, brown in cast iron skillet, throw in oven until meat falls off bone. Tastes a lot better than raw deer nuts. I found that they are easier to clean if you nail them shell down to a board at a height where you don't have to bend over. Nail under chin, pull tail down and nail it. Every year I come across a couple crossing the road near my place. I usually stop and kick them in the ditch so they don't get run over. Times change.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Racoon in broaster. Pour out grease and shred meat. Then pour in a quart or two of your favorite BBQ sauce. Let simmer 30-60 min. Serve on a hamberger bun with cole slaw and maccaroni salad.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I used to trap snapping turtles. I always heard there is 7 different flavors of meat in a turtle. They all tasted like turtle to me...Damn good eating. Roll in flour, brown in cast iron skillet, throw in oven until meat falls off bone. Tastes a lot better than raw deer nuts. I found that they are easier to clean if you nail them shell down to a board at a height where you don't have to bend over. Nail under chin, pull tail down and nail it. Every year I come across a couple crossing the road near my place. I usually stop and kick them in the ditch so they don't get run over. Times change.

Dave is it true that a snapper will always go into their hole head first?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yep I'm member # 697 over there Carmine.

Mark
WOW Mark. You got in early. Much later for me. Do you have a trifive?? A great site if you're building a 5-6-7 Chevy. I learned a lot from them when I was building my '57 Belair. Big help with my '56 gasser wagon also. I don't post there as much as I use to, Carmine.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
WOW Mark. You got in early. Much later for me. Do you have a trifive?? A great site if you're building a 5-6-7 Chevy. I learned a lot from them when I was building my '57 Belair. Big help with my '56 gasser wagon also. I don't post there as much as I use to, Carmine.

I have a 55 Belair HT Carmine. I was entertaining thoughts of an axle for the 55 but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Mark

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have a 55 Belair HT Carmine. I was entertaining thoughts of an axle for the 55 but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Mark
I don't blame you there. My '56 gasser is a 210 2d wagon. I didn't mind putting a straight axle in it. The body was solid but dented pretty well. Looks good now. Dropped a 348/434 into it. Kind of different. I get a lot of questions at shows, Carmine.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't blame you there. My '56 gasser is a 210 2d wagon. I didn't mind putting a straight axle in it. The body was solid but dented pretty well. Looks good now. Dropped a 348/434 into it. Kind of different. I get a lot of questions at shows, Carmine.

My 55 is a work in progress Carmine I thought about getting a W motor for it. Its spent most of its life in Ohio sitting under a maple tree in Massillon Oh. probably for 40 yrs. anyway I'm surprised its as solid as it is . Probably saved its life sitting under the tree instead of being driven on Ohio's salty winter roads.

Mark