To sleeve or not to sleeve?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mr Goodwrench, You forced me to break out the trusty dial calipers. Yes, the three holes do go all the way through. First diamiters of , the three steps----- Bottom 1.370 middle----1.445 top----- 1.490 Measurement from bottom of sleeve to first step---2.950 middle---1.100 and top 1.17 Hole diamiters measure .210 13 holes in the bottom sleeve ( .450 from center of hole to bottom edge of sleeve) holes at top of bottom "section" are 2.650 from center of hole to botttom of sleeve. 3.820 from bottom of sleeve to center of holes in middle section. 4.450 from center of top holes to bottom of sleeeve. Using calipers instead of original tape measure the sleeve from bottom of flange to bottom of sleeve is 5.150 Flange thickness .440 Inside diamiter of sleeve 1.250

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Who made the orig

Is that a CH sleeve? I have never seen one before. I ordered one from Late Great, but I don't know if I will ever get it. C. Harvey says he does not make them anymore. LW no longer sells them.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
models916, 9 years ago, a friend who ordered a sleeve from one of the vendors , decided he was not satisfied with the quality of the sleeve he revieved so he made 3. Two went into his engines and he gave me the third. That is why it may look a little different from the ones sold today. I have used mine in 3 different engines, I end up selling the engines and always keep the sleeve. Not only is it good quality, it was a gift, so I wont ever sell it. I dont know who sells sleeves today, but certainly someone must.

Tman

Well Known Member
So, would it be possible to get a measured drawing? A guy could whittle his own on the lathe that wway!

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
T man I'm going to do just that and will be happy to share with anyone that wants one (drawing that is) I would like ronnie to check my drawing against his part first though, I he is willing.

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
How much higher does the head of the distributor set with the sleeve? Could there possibly be interference with the air cleaner? I have a HEI filled with the MSD goodies that I would like to re-use if possible.

TomO

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mr Goodwrench, Send your drawing to rocks409@peoplepc.com I think I can compare the drawing to my measurements and arrive at a conclusion. TomO , The flange is only a 1/2 in. tall ( .440 ) so I dont think a HEI would be a problem, hope not, because I intend to use a HEI in mine .