WELL..............

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Vette looking real good Phil! (Do realize you weren’t in picture, which helps). Get it on the road this fall and enjoy the road.

Fuzz

MAGA

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
UP DATES:

1. Finally got all rims and tires on the car!!!! 3 of the original hubcaps fit perfect but 1 was bent slightly because it would not install correctly. Found a Corvette restorer within 4 miles of the house. He had a nice hubcap and he gave it to me!! Cured the wheels and tires problem!!!!!

2. The mags and tires left this morning!!!!!!! $200 and there are outta here!!!!! Left rear rim was bent from the porta-jack but customer didn't care!!! WHEE!!!!!!

3. When I drove the car at Volvo, I felt the front end was very loose and as a condition of the sale, they offered to have the front end aligned. When the car was delivered, the steering was still the same. Finally asked the Corvette guy, he recommended an alignment shop in Independence...a suburb of KC. I went in yesterday....Greg spent 3 hours on the alignment...toe in, caster and camber. He adjusted the steering wheel alignment.
When I left his shop I could tell the car was more stable...not much slack in the steering wheel. But the rear good news was when we got on the interstate.....given 4:11's and the wrong speedometer gear in the Muncie.....we were showing 90MPH and the Corvette was like riding a rail!!!!!!! No slop in the steering wheel!!!! Almost rides like a 2020 Corvette!!!!!

I am REALLY HAPPY!!!!!

View attachment 87515
Did you ever tell the guy how the wheel got bent? Lol

Junky

Well Known Member
Thanks John!!!!! The salesman said right up front about first thing most guys change would be the tires and rims.

I am of the opinion, that all the tire and wheel changes on modern cars is because people want their car to look different, however, when they are done, it looks pretty much like all the rest of the cars that have new wheels and tires installed after the factory ones are removed.