WELL..............

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Have any of you all see the electric power steering that Echlers sells for the C-1 Corvette? I have a friend that put one on his 62 and he says its great!

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Have any of you all see the electric power steering that Echlers sells for the C-1 Corvette? I have a friend that put one on his 62 and he says its great!
I have seen one being installed, don't know if it came from Ecklers, and the owner says it makes it a whole new car, a great upgrade. And that was also on a C1. He might have gotten it from Unisteer???

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Casey (#1 son) just pulled two of these from the junkyard for $40 apiece. He uses them on his electric truck conversions, his 58 and a customers 59. They came from a Saturn Vue. Don't have the details yet on the installation but should be adaptable to just about anything with the right couplings and brackets.

623351847.jpg

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Casey (#1 son) just pulled two of these from the junkyard for $40 apiece. He uses them on his electric truck conversions, his 58 and a customers 59. They came from a Saturn Vue. Don't have the details yet on the installation but should be adaptable to just about anything with the right couplings and brackets.

View attachment 87652
If something goes haywire with the electric motor can you muscle thru it where you can still steer the car?