West Coast Shoot Out 2012

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I'm glad to hear you are moving forward on the engine. What size engine will you end up with when Jack is finished? And, are you planing on upgrading the rest of the drivetrain?

Paul

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Not sure what size the engibe will be. Using his 4" stroker kit. I think that will be around 470+ CI. Going with a set of edelbrock heads. Using my stock intake and carbs & an HEI dist. I have a ford 9" rear with 4.56 gears, Moser 31 spline axles, Muncie M-21 4 speed with close ratio gears. Centerforce clutch & pressure plate. Balanced stock drive shaft & my rear spt arms have been boxed. Hopefully that will do it & hold together.:pray What do you guys think?:dunno Not sure when the engine will be back from Jack, hopefully before it gets too cold. Would like to get it together & running before winter. Thanks.

Joel

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Joel,
Sounds like a nice build :brow similar to my first one. Make sure you have the Global west supports for the upper control arms and you will need to reinforce the lower control arm mounts to the frame also not sure how well that Muncie:dunno will hold up with this stroker build,

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Joel, good luck with the new engine. I am sure it will paint a smile on your face:). I also second Brian on reinforcing the upper crossmember and lower mounts. That muncie will probably need an upgrade too. Good luck!

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11

Hi everyone- finally got the computer going and here are 2 videos of 2012 West Coast Shootout!
More to come,
Sorry some did not turn out.
Pat

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
P1060982.jpg

P1060980.jpg

P1060965.jpg

P1060961.jpg

P1060960.jpg

P1060930.jpg

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
IMG_1263.jpg

P1060775.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

Overall winner Paul Carbaugh and his side kick Griff!!! Hopefully more to come!
Love that Shamus T Bones!!!
Pat

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Pat, thanks for posting some pictures and video... I've been going to work on putting together something but keep getting sidetracked with other things. Good job !!!!

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Can somebody put names to the guys at the dinner table???? I know Bill and Linda and Joel...........now I know Paul but can you tell us who else was there???? Wondering minds want to know!!!!

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
At the table right front is Chip (blown 55 409) my wife Patti myself Pat (409 newby) across from me Bill and Linda, Joel and his buddy Lee. This was taken at the Samoa cookhouse, the rest of the group stayed at the track and missed out!:beer

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Pat!!!! It all makes sense now!!!! or is it cents?????????? spelchek haz mi confuzed

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
P1060849.jpg

P1060782.jpg

P1060788.jpg

Work on Joels car, Lots of chiefs not many indians, found one of the buisness end of your car Dave. a video of Joel trying to find traction while all his rods were still attached! And the two slow pokes of the group!

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
...and I don't get it. The guys standing around all know what they are doing. The rest of us??? Not so much!!!!

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the pictures Pat and Patty, they are great.
Dave, we were standing there waiting for our turn. It was a great effort by everyone there to help fix several SNAFUs on the different cars but, of course, Joel's situation was the worst.

Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
OK.....names for the guys standing around the front of Joel's car please. In the one picture, looks like Joel sure lost a lot of weight since Thompson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!