What big block Chevy do you have?

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Another test with this junk engine coming soon. Changed the front springs to the Moroso Trick springs and I am going to a set of larger tube headers. 1 3/4 to 1 7/8" with a 3.5 collector. Will they hurt or will they help???

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think a lot of it depends on the intake and the valve size, compression ect. Bigger does not always mean better. I had a set of 1 3/4 headers On a truck motor that had smalle big block Chevy heads (peanut port)on it. And they work really well. We put the motor in a car with bigger headersAnd did not seem to help it at all. :juggle That thing was certainly a street beast though, When people ask What I had in the build they wouldnt believe it. Certain combinations work really well together. And the best of everything in a build works well but cost you lots of money. The funny thing is sometimes the right combination goes beyond your wildest dreams for performance. Feel lucky??????

425/409ER

Well Known Member
I think a lot of it depends on the intake and the valve size, compression ect. Bigger does not always mean better. I had a set of 1 3/4 headers On a truck motor that had smalle big block Chevy heads (peanut port)on it. And they work really well. We put the motor in a car with bigger headersAnd did not seem to help it at all. :juggle That thing was certainly a street beast though, When people ask What I had in the build they wouldnt believe it. Certain combinations work really well together. And the best of everything in a build works well but cost you lots of money. The funny thing is sometimes the right combination goes beyond your wildest dreams for performance. Feel lucky??????

I look at it this way, 2" I know are too big and 1 3/4" might be a little small so I am hoping 1 7/8" is just right. Years ago I had a 70 396 Nova with the Hooker 1 7/8" headers and that engine would scream to 6500 all day. Guess I will find out in a couple of weeks.